Phone awakes periodically

jjthenovice

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
When at home my S4 sits on the end table beside me. I've noticed that every now and then it wakes on (screen comes on) and then it goes back to sleep (standby). I think it's probably normal but has anyone else noticed this? If so, what is this behavior for? Does it have to come out of standby to check for messages or something like this?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When at home my S4 sits on the end table beside me. I've noticed that every now and then it wakes on (screen comes on) and then it goes back to sleep (standby). I think it's probably normal but has anyone else noticed this? If so, what is this behavior for? Does it have to come out of standby to check for messages or something like this?

From what I understand all Android devices wake for a very brief period to check with Google and other servers. But the screen lighting up is something that I don't think is normal.

nativi

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed every time I get a text message my screen would come on there is no way to disable this and still have some kind of notification. I used a root app to give me a settings in the messaging app to disable the screen from turning on.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12