Another twist on the S4 wifi issue.

dsr78

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I have an established wifi set-up that uses fixed IP's for two laptops, two 10" Samsung notes, an ipod, ipad and desktop. In addition there is also my wife's S2 and my daughters HTC. All have fixed IPs and have served me well with no issues for a few years.

Yesterday I took delivery of an S4, I set up the phone with a fixed IP and it refused to connect. When I removed the fixed IP on the S4 it either connects or attempts to steal another IP already in use.

I have no option but to use a fixed IP system, so I'm stuck with it. The same happens on two routers. A Belkin and a Sagem ( neither are D-link). I have 5 days left to decide if I am going to keep or return the Galaxy S4. As it stands, its of no use to me IF the IP issue is related to the phones software.

Any ideas ?

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I have an established wifi set-up that uses fixed IP's for two laptops, two 10" Samsung notes, an ipod, ipad and desktop. In addition there is also my wife's S2 and my daughters HTC. All have fixed IPs and have served me well with no issues for a few years.

Yesterday I took delivery of an S4, I set up the phone with a fixed IP and it refused to connect. When I removed the fixed IP on the S4 it either connects or attempts to steal another IP already in use.

I have no option but to use a fixed IP system, so I'm stuck with it. The same happens on two routers. A Belkin and a Sagem ( neither are D-link). I have 5 days left to decide if I am going to keep or return the Galaxy S4. As it stands, its of no use to me IF the IP issue is related to the phones software.

Any ideas ?

actually i'm not sure what you can try, but mine connects without an issue using static IP on my home.....
BUT one thing that i did notice, is that for the static IP to work on my S4, i had to set also the DNS's servers manually, which in my previous phone (Galaxy S2) i hadn't...
maybe that's what's happening to yours

good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21