notification volume

wallstreet123456

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have my notification volume set at one level above vibrate but when I receive a text it still is very loud. I don't want it as loud as it currently is but I am not sure how to lower it without muting it?

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have my notification volume set at one level above vibrate but when I receive a text it still is very loud. I don't want it as loud as it currently is but I am not sure how to lower it without muting it?

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

At first I thought there was a separate notification volume for texts, but I looked under settings in messaging on my S3, and I don't have that. You can try that, but I doubt it's there either. So, now I am under the impression that it is the volume which the sound was recorded. Try a quieter ringtone, ask a friend to send you a test text. If it changes, then that's it. If not, I have no idea what to try next.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It could be that the notification file you've selected is really loud (I know I used to have one of those for my text messages originally). But you can also set volume levels for Music/Media, Ringtone, Notifications, and System sounds. Just press the Settings button that appears when you turn volume up/down or pull down on the notification bar and long-press the Sound Mode toggle and go into Volume.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781