Galaxy S4 Group Messaging Slow and Unresponsive

itzrandee

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey all! I just recently switched from an iPhone 5 to a Galaxy s4. I love this phone and it's definitely a different experience to what im used to (iphones). I'm enjoying most aspects of this phone except Group messaging! I've figured out how to use group messaging and I'm currently using GO SMS Pro with the Swype keyboard. I can receive and send messages just fine with person to person texting but when it comes to group messaging it gets very slow and unresponsive. It takes forever for messages to send, which is probably due to converting to a MMS instead of SMS, but it's a ridiculous amount of lag. It lags from the time I press "send" to being able to type another message. It also is very unresponsive, causing me to not even use my phone, when I receive multiple messages from my group chats. Has anyone else had this problem or know what is causing this? Thanks in advance!!

dmackdaddy

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Are you using AT&T? I am having the exact same issues as you (Using AT&T) and it really makes the phone feel like a piece of junk for lack of a better word. It can't be that a phone with 4 processors and all this RAM chokes at something as simple as group messaging with 2 or more ppl? With my iPhone 5 I could and would send to 10+ people and would be as fast as 1, regardless of what carrier they were on. I have about 6 weeks left on my 2 month trial (Best Buy Platinum member) and if there is no fix for this, I will probably return it. I have a bunch of other "Pros" and "Cons" about this phone but for the sake of this issue, I will only talk about this. Great description BTW!

drioddesigner52

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem with my S4 however it's with messages converted using "SmartSwitch" from my iPhone 4s to my Galaxy S4. The messages which converted over especially ones with images scroll extremely slow and the response in working with the converted messages is horrible. Is this because the messages were converted over from my iPhone or can I expect slow messaging on this phone with new messages?