Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By weblou
  • 1 Post By Angela Sotomayor
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default Not getting iPhone users text messages

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix issue?

I sent a blast text message to friends sharing new mobile #. Noticed only received texts back from non iphone users. Turns out for some reason iphones are recognizing my # as "imessage" number and sending texts via imessages which of course I'm not getting. Only way I can get texts is if Imessage is turned off. Super annoying as folks will not be turning it off & on.

Tmobile doesn't know why it's happening and I have to wait 72 hours for a call back from tech engineer or request to get new mobile #.

I called Tmobile and they have no clue why this is happening.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-08-2014 at 12:21 AM.

Default Re: Not getting iphone users text messages

Did you have any apple products?

If so you need to go here and click unregister that device. (Could take 48h+)

If you never had an apple device with this number.. I'm assuming the previous owner did maybe?
    Thanked by 2:
    donnashell and Brandon Weir like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

That was my assumption also - that whoever had this number before must've used it on an apple device. Just my luck, i'll try link above.

THANKS!

I don't think that link will work because you will need their account email/pass to log in
    Sucks bro.. hope Tmobile could help you
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

See if the carrier will change the number.

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.
    fou

Try changing your password for your Apple/iCloud login.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

apple couldn't help as I don't have the model, IMEI # etc to the phone number. I just had carrier change my telephone and crossed my fingers problem would be resolved. TADA, it's working perfectly fine now with new number.

If you have any other apple products make sure imessage is off on those products

Posted via Android Central App

So before I trade in my iphone for the S4 I should just turn off the iMessage thing and I should be good?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Ng View Post
    So before I trade in my iphone for the S4 I should just turn off the iMessage thing and I should be good?
    Yes. Reset your phone without your sim in also.

Just one more question if you dont' mind. If I have a Sprint phone, CDMA, and no SIM card, do I jsut turn off iMessage?

Ok..I don't know if you've had your questioned answered, but maybe this will get around. I own an iPhone 4s and my text messages weren't going out to an Galaxy Note. What I did was: I changed their contact info from iPhone to Mobile. Turned phone off, Then back on.. then texted them, originally the text went as imessage, then about a minute later, it changed to text message and now we have no problem. I hope this helps you, or anyone else with a android phone that is having difficulty receiving texts from iPhone users.
    dannyv09 likes this.

HELP!!

I got an S4 last Thursday and I can't get messages from people who have upgraded to iOS7. I unregistered my phone today (so we'll see what happens in however many hours), but here's the kicker: I'm not looking to change my number. Old people (aka grandparents) have it and it's just too difficult to make them remember to change it. Plus, I no longer have my phone. I did a factor restore and wiped that sucker clean, then gave it to my dad, so there's no changing the iMessage functionality either. I'm at am impasse! What is a new phone owner to do?! HELP PLEASE!!

I am in the same boat as Keylah --- can anyone help with this question? - Thanks in advance.

Having the same issue but I'm with AT&T... what happened? How did it get resolved

Global Posts
    13,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

I think k it has something to do with iMessage. One thing to do is have your number removed from Apples servers. Or you can ask iPhone users to change their settings to SMS.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Not getting iPhone users text messages

I had same problem. You can turn imessage off or have iPhone users make sure send as SMS if iMessage is not available. Kind of a pain but if you text these people often they shouldn't have a problem. And it only takes 1 minute.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

This is a duplicate of a post I made in another thread, but hopefully someone will find it helpful here:

I turned off iMessage before switching from the iPhone to the S4, but still found that not all of my iPhone using friends' texts were going through.

Oddly, the solution was for my friends to reboot their iPhones. This worked for all 3 people who couldn't text me, so I recommend you ask your friends to reboot.

Congrats on your new S4 - it's a great device!

Last edited by enb123; 02-08-2014 at 04:12 PM.
    Thanked by: