Lock screen question

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
My mother has a motorola phone, and she has an interesting lock screen. She has a pattern to unlock it, but it only prompts the pattern after a few minutes of non use. My galaxy s4 can also do this (obviously). The difference is that when I go to wake up my phone, it opens up right to my home screen. This is annoying when I get a text my screen turns on and I can accidently click something. On my mother's phone, it opens up to the lock screen and she can swipe to unlock. I prefer this inter-lock screen.

So is there a way to have the pattern unlock so a stranger can't access it, but then have swipe to unlock during the time im using it and before the patten is required again?

Any ideas? I've probably described it wrong, I typed it up quickly!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So, you wake up the phone and your lockscreen doesn't appear, right? It takes you right to your homescreen? If that's the case, there's a setting where you can set different time-outs for screen off time and actual lock time. This means that if you leave your settings at 20s for screen and 1 minute for lock, when you leave your phone it will turn the screen off after 20 seconds BUT NOT LOCK THE DEVICE. If you turn the screen on before the minute is up, it will only turn the screen on. BUT if you turn your device 'off' by clicking the power button, it should lock immediately. Also, are you sure you didn't select No Lockscreen as a default? Or maybe have an app that conflicts with lockscreen behaviour like WidgetLocker or GoLocker?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781