Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bencpht
  • 1 Post By tohio
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default interesting note on lag

So the S4 is notorious for its lag. Earlier I was trying to play Temple Run and Temple run Oz and both were unusable. I noticed that the major jumps and freezes coincided with incomming text messages. I downloaded handcent and froze the stock messaging app with titanium (rooted). Ever since the games have run smoother than ever before. It is only the first night, clearly more time is needed to rule out coincidence. However, it seems promising.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Default Re: interesting note on lag

There's a YouTube video showing how to turn of all of the animations, and that really seemed to boost performance. Maybe try turning of more background junk you're not using.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    roberts68 likes this.

Default Re: interesting note on lag

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan791 View Post
    So the S4 is notorious for its lag. Earlier I was trying to play Temple Run and Temple run Oz and both were unusable. I noticed that the major jumps and freezes coincided with incomming text messages. I downloaded handcent and froze the stock messaging app with titanium (rooted). Ever since the games have run smoother than ever before. It is only the first night, clearly more time is needed to rule out coincidence. However, it seems promising.

Posted via Android Central App
    Notorious is a pejorative term in this instance. Read the responses in the numerous "Lag" threads. The vast majority of S4 owners experience no lag. In fact the term is being confused by some who discuss it. This is an urban legend that has probably been started and spread by those who support some other Android or iOS phone. The issue you discuss is a software conflict not a phone specific problem. The millions of S4 owners would rephrase your post to read, The S4 is notorious for its excellence.
    SpookDroid likes this.