Gmail on s4

jeffruby

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Anyone notice that on the drop down menu, no option to delete an email from the drop down like on the note 2? Maybe need to wait for Gmail update?

Also shame we can't do Gmail push (using corporate email settings) on native app. I like that setup.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

jeffruby

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, talking about the drop down alert for a new email (not how to delete in the app)

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Anyone notice that on the drop down menu, no option to delete an email from the drop down like on the note 2? Maybe need to wait for Gmail update?

Also shame we can't do Gmail push (using corporate email settings) on native app. I like that setup.

Sorry, talking about the drop down alert for a new email (not how to delete in the app)

I've always preferred using the native GMail app vs. syncing to a client (i.e. the "Email" app)...guess that's just my opinion, but using the native app you know you're data is always synced with the server.

As far as the ability to delete via the notification, I don't think that's every been available? At least I know it wasn't on my GS3. I have the ability to "Archive" or "Reply"...but I'm pretty sure "Delete" has never been an option that I've seen.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Ah I get what you mean. It must be set to delete on swipe in settings before you will see it as an option in the notification bar gmail. Is archive one of the choices? Just change the setting action in settings to delete on swipe and it will be a choice for you.

EDIT: you will also only see that option for a single email. If you have multiple unread emails, I do not think you get that option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Last edited:

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've always preferred using the native GMail app vs. syncing to a client (i.e. the "Email" app)...guess that's just my opinion, but using the native app you know you're data is always synced with the server.

As far as the ability to delete via the notification, I don't think that's every been available? At least I know it wasn't on my GS3. I have the ability to "Archive" or "Reply"...but I'm pretty sure "Delete" has never been an option that I've seen.

I was able to do this on my GS3.

Posted via Android Central App