Authentic S4 Battery or not?

cessperience

May 24, 2013
Visit site
The battery at the left is "Made in Korea" (bought separate) and at the right is "Cell Made in Japan, Assembled in China" (the battery when I bought my S4).

Do you think both are authentic?

I was curious to know because I'm not happy with the performance of my current battery so I bought a separate one.

photo-1_zps4fa60d09.jpg

Posted via Android Central App

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
today that is something we all have to be cautious about. hard to tell. would the provenance not be in the paperwork since these are like works of art. great art can be reproduced. so if samsung sent you the second battery you can only assume it is genuine. on the other hand the source of the second is really all you have to go on. they can make and produce batteries in all those countries. japan cells are suppose to be superior very often

procol

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Though this can't be the evidence with 100% certainty for your new battery, my genuine batteries are same with yours.

Two Samsung batteries out of my Korean GS4 variant's box have the same words, "Made in Korea", on them like your battery bought additionally. (Samsung provides 2 stock batteries for Korean GS4 by the way.) I guess they have it marked simply with "Made in Korea" because origins of the cell and the battery itself are same. In this case, it's Korea of course. Don't need to tell it twice unless they are made/assembled in the different countries. (Don't forget that Samsung is the largest battery cell manufacturer in the world too.)

Just like almost all the products from Samsung, which sells its products in big volume usually, there are always multiple components/parts suppliers including its own in-house one. And I don't think all the parts are under the one and only regulation regarding origin marking.

Last edited:

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
The battery at the left is "Made in Korea" (bought separate) and at the right is "Cell Made in Japan, Assembled in China" (the battery when I bought my S4).

I was curious to know because I'm not happy with the performance of my current battery so I bought a separate one.

http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t562/cessperience/photo-1_zps4fa60d09.jpg

The battery taht came with my S4 when I bought it actually was the opposite of yours. Mine said "Made in Korea", so it's hard to know unless it comes with the phone or you get it in official Samsung packaging. It seems they flip-flop with it often.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t562/cessperience/photo-1_zps4fa60d09.jpg

Yes they are both authentic. Samsung uses different factories to produce their products. The battery that came with your phone should have been made in Korea. The replacement batteries are made in Japan. They are both assembled in China.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I vote they're both real. I think the consistency of the voltage listings as well as the approval marks is the tell tale. If you look at fakes, they are hardly consistent in this area. See below for example.
$_12.JPG