Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4 Needs a better email app

I have a pop3 account for my own domain and 2 exchange accounts from work that
    I regularly use. On my old HTC Droid, I was able to put three different icons on my
    home screen to see each acct separately.
    Don't seem to be able to do that on my S4 (which I like except for this un-feature).
    Does anyone know of a third party app that will let me see my accounts separately?

Otherwise back to HTC.

Thanks

Art00r

Default Re: S4 Needs a better email app

Quote Originally Posted by art00r View Post
    I have a pop3 account for my own domain and 2 exchange accounts from work that
    I regularly use. On my old HTC Droid, I was able to put three different icons on my
    home screen to see each acct separately.
    Don't seem to be able to do that on my S4 (which I like except for this un-feature).
    Does anyone know of a third party app that will let me see my accounts separately?

Otherwise back to HTC.

Thanks

Art00r
    The stock Email app sucks. Not only do you have to go into it to refresh it, but any e-mail that you read or file away on the device isn't reflected on the web version of your mailbox. How frustrating is that? You can clear and file 300 e-mails, and you go online, and those 300 emails are waiting, unread, in your inbox. That's goddamn frustrating if I do say so myself :/
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

so what's your alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by art00r View Post
    so what's your alternative?
    I use Gmail, and I don't even bother syncing my Sympatico or Exchange accounts, as Outlook is atrocious right now too. I refuse to use their stock app until they fix it. It's like they added notification numbers to the wrong app. The Gmail app is fantastic and actually needs the badges, and they give it to the subpar app. that's bullheadedness :/

ROM
    Stock

Try K-9 or Maildroid. No reason whatever to be locked into the stock email app when more powerful options exist.

Try AquaMail. I like how you can set it to do push email only on wi-fi.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I use Kaiten mail. It does everything.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Perone View Post
    The stock Email app sucks. Not only do you have to go into it to refresh it, but any e-mail that you read or file away on the device isn't reflected on the web version of your mailbox. How frustrating is that? You can clear and file 300 e-mails, and you go online, and those 300 emails are waiting, unread, in your inbox. That's goddamn frustrating if I do say so myself :/
    I have Verizon and Hotmail on the email app. If I delete from the phone or my iPad it will be deleted from both. Play around with the settings..

Global Posts
    595 Global Posts

Really I don't know what you are talking about here as I have my Personal Home email account and my Hotmail account, and with this email version is the only time that I've been able to sync perfectly with Hotmail, plus my personal email syncs perfectly, but just to be sure, double check that you have in the email account settings to delete your emails when you delete them from the phone, if not, what you are describing here is what occurs. Open your email app, go to your email account and go to settings, In More settings-Incoming Settings, you will see the option that I'm talking about.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Perone View Post
    There is a setting to have email that you read on your phone be read in the system also. Look into it. It's there. K9 is awesome also. It does the same thing

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

I don't really have a problem with the stock email app and my corporate email. Push works just fine as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The stock email app works fine with my work exchange email. Whatever I do on the phone also changes on the web app. Maybe the server settings are incorrect?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Touchdown

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 20blks View Post
    There is a setting to have email that you read on your phone be read in the system also. Look into it. It's there. K9 is awesome also. It does the same thing

I don't see this setting and have the same problem as Joe.

I use both the Gmail app and the stock E-mail app (For my Hotmail account.)

I like the e-mail app for Hotmail. It pushes the e-mail to me, If I view or delete on my phone, it does it on the web version too. I like it more than previous versions I have used. I can't stand the actual Hotmail E-Mail App.

ROM
    Stock

For the record, I use both the native gmail app and *was* using Maildroid, until I tried Aquamail. Aquamail is darn impressive. Ready to pay for Pro if it remains this stable.

Dural, I just loaded Aquamail to try it out. It did a wierd thing. It loaded old emails into the Sent folder that I sent over the last few years. It was bizarre. I have never used Aquamail before. I normally use K-9 but I always delete my Sent and Trash folders. Where did they find these old emails?

Also, I am on this forum b/c I just got a new Galaxy S4. K-9 doesn't seem to have the same features available as it did on my Galaxy Nexus. It is so very weird. I would prefer to stay with K-9, but can't find a way to change the signature or manage the account settings.

Anyone have any ideas or can help me??

I use CloudMagic for all my accounts I.e Gmail, Hotmail and iCloud. It works flawlessly and the search function on it is fantastic. Far better than the stock email app or Gmail app x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jaxterzz View Post
    I don't see this setting and have the same problem as Joe.
    Same as me keep getting back deleted emails and there is no such setting on the stock S4 email app

Cloudmagic is slick, that's for sure - BUT - it's missing A LOT of very basic functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by melmc1403 View Post
    I use CloudMagic for all my accounts I.e Gmail, Hotmail and iCloud. It works flawlessly and the search function on it is fantastic. Far better than the stock email app or Gmail app x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

The only one thing I don't like is that you can't save a draft on it.....but that's it x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,506 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Gmail app is terrible and Samsung cannot add badges to it. OEMs are not allowed to modify Google apps only preload the binaries.

The stock email app is better especially if you work with attachments a lot.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk