4G "Selectively" not working? Google Play and YouTube Can't Download over 4G

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

Is anyone else having this issue (or know how to fix it)? So, when I try to download an app from Google Play (or update existing ones) or watch a video on YouTube, if I'm on 4G (full signal strength), they won't work! Google Play stays 'Downloading' but never really download, and YouTube shows "Lost connection to server, touch to retry" but no matter how much I retry, it never loads. Again, this is only over 4G.

When I switch to 3G or WiFi, it all works fine! Also, I've noticed that SOME YouTube videos will play over 4G, but most won't :( It really sucks since one of the ways you can take advantage of 4G speeds is actually video, so...

Anyone? Oh! 4G connectivity works fine elsewhere (I can browse, Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, etc. without issues)

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
So it's on Google's side? If it is, I wonder WHY is it only on 4G? Switching to 3G seems to work... :(

almost same problem here.... although it is intermitent in my case.... sometimes, google play will work under 4G, and also youtube... but maybe if i try 1 hour later it will work.... in the case of google play, it will work on 3G and wifi... with youtube, if it ain't work with 4G, it won't work with wifi nor 3g, BUT THIS HAPPENS JUST WITH SOME VIDEOS (most of them tho)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, the problem is with some videos, but it's like you say, most of them hehe it's so weird... Again, why would that not work on 4G but work on 3G? Baffles me hehe

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
funniest thing, is that it will load everything else.... i'm able to search videos, it will show the recomendations, and related videos, also the comments, it just won't load the video itself...

what the h*** D:

i'm just checking for updates everyday to see if it gets corrected XD, in case it has to do with the apps....

itzabhiz

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Guys...Have the exact same issue (cant download files over 4G (pdf, word, subtitles), cant play youtube over 4G., google play doesnt work properly...4G connectivity works fine for browsing...Btw I have a galaxy note 2 and dont seem to have an option to switch to 3G...Did u ever get a fix on this? Any help would be much appreciated.. Thanks