who rooted the s4!!!!

jvilly92

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey how many of you rooted your s4. I have been debating if I should root mines. I was just wondering what are the benefits of the s4 being rooted and if there is a tablet rom like the note 2 has. I rooted my galaxy s2 a awhile back and the roms seemed like they were unstable and I always had to restart them. Eventually my s2 bricked and thats why I am hesitant to root my phone.

Trexwarrior

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I rooted but I'm not yet aware of the full benefits of rooting. I'm a newbie just switched from iPhone and I haven't had enough time to delve into the expansive universe of rooting information yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

jhlrbt1333

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Rooting is good if you intend to put a custom rom on your phone, however one major benefit of rooting is the ability to install either clockworkmod or twrp.By installing either one of these you give yourself greater access to your phone.You will be able to create full nandroid backups of your stock rom incase you ever have installed a rom you don't want anymore. The second benefit you can remove preinstalled carrier bloatware, & make tons of other software tweaks to your phone. Before you consider doing any modifications to your phone make sure you do your research, google the following words.Clockworkmod, Twrp, Rooting, Nandroid backup. This is the beauty of Android the chance to learn how your phone works & to change it to your personal preferences.

r2t

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
The answer is pretty simple. It's all about the customization. If you love tweaking your phones here and there (ex: battery icons, themes, etc) It's nice to be rooted. Also, if you are not getting the performance out of you phone like you would want it to, some of the ROMs are great at enhancing the device's performance. From all of the ROMs that I've seen for the S4 (I9500 version) I would reccomend WanamLite ROM or Omega. There aren't many options out there right now, but eventually we will have abundant of them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan