Microsoft exchange account on s4

gruppe3942#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried setting up a ms active sync exchange account on their phone? And if you did have you had any issues with the calendar? All my appointments show up but I cant edit them. They are all coming in with asking me if I am attending. I click yes but nothing changes. I still cant edit them. Currently I am using a office 365 account. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, 2 caveats: I have an S3 and we use hosted (on-premise) Exchange, but I don't have any issues. HOWEVER, I can only edit appointments that I am the organizer of. If someone else is the organizer, I can't edit it (you know....if it's an appointment someone else invited me to).

I am using the default calendar app on the S3 (I like it a lot, actually) but I know there are other calendar apps out there, and maybe one of those will let you edit it. Might be worth trying a couple alternative calendars.

does that help?

wjeffries

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried setting up a ms active sync exchange account on their phone? And if you did have you had any issues with the calendar? All my appointments show up but I cant edit them. They are all coming in with asking me if I am attending. I click yes but nothing changes. I still cant edit them. Currently I am using a office 365 account. Any suggestions?

I just set up my S4 last week with an exchange account. I've had no unusual problems with contacts, calendar or any other synced items. Our server uses Server 2008 SBS and Exchange Server 2010. I'm not sure what to tell you other than to try deleting the account and then recreate it. There may have been a setting that didn't get set up correctly.

gruppe3942#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Ive tried it again and same thing. But if i go and create a nee event. That one comes in just fine. Wierd

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you the owner of the events you're trying to modify? I think that as a rule of thumb in Exchange Calendars, if you don't own the event you can't edit it at all... Also, I'd check to see if the settings for server VS phone sync are properly set up; if you have your server always getting preference, you wouldn't be able to change those in your phone.

MKC001

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have set up an exchange acount on my S4 - Mail works fine and 2-ways but contacts and calendar only work one way - from computer to device. Any new data added to the phone does not appear in my outlook or calendar via exhange
Any ideas?

wjeffries

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
You might want to check with your network administrator. There may be a server-side setting that is preventing your device from posting to the server. Also, make your exchange account settings include syncing of the calendar and contacts. Other than that I'm not sure why it isn't syncing. I didn't have to do anything special with my set up.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae