Samsung Galaxy s4 - video chat

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has tried yahoo messenger video chat between various devices using Samsung Galaxy s4? For the life of me i could not get it to work on my old Motorola Atrix and am looking to upgrade, this is one feature I'd like to be sure works on whatever I buy next.

Cheers

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
For video chat I use an app called Tango. My girl has an iPhone 4s, and the app works across both apple and android and it works on 3g, 4g, and of course wifi.

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Oh yeah Tango sounds pretty good. have you tried it across smartphone to PC? Still interested if anyone has got yahoo messenger working though too. Kind of don;t like giving my mobile phone number to chat companies!

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Why not use Hangout? It's available across Android and ios.

If you need to use Yahoo Messenger then make sure you have the plug in installed as well.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks srkmagnus. hangout probably another good option, thanks! Still interested in eharing if anyone has tried yahoo (with video plug-in) on galaxy s4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks srkmagnus. hangout probably another good option, thanks! Still interested in eharing if anyone has tried yahoo (with video plug-in) on galaxy s4

Take a look through the Play Store reviews. That'll give you some idea as to the usability of the app and if it's something you should be using.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Take a look through the Play Store reviews. That'll give you some idea as to the usability of the app and if it's something you should be using.

Funny thing, was just on playstore looking at yahoo messenger when i saw your reply. WTF is wrong with Yahoo! This has been an issue for so long you'd think they would sort themselves out. Obviously not interested. I remember it worked brilliantly on iPhone before i made the shift, maybe they are only interested in that part of the market.

As long as I can use Hangout between PC - Android looks the goods. Had it ages and have been meaning to check it out. Go big brother.. err, google, I love you!

Tele_Phone

May 20, 2013
Visit site
ooVoo should work between pc and android but I haven't personal used it on the pc. Your s4 will work perfectly with the app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC