Lag on my month old galaxy please help

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I started to have a lot of lag with my Galaxy S4 last couple of days. While I unlocking screen there is big delay and looks like slow motion. Also while I type there is same thing happened, looks like something started to slow down my phone :( I haven't installed any new app so I was wondering if anyone else has similar issues with their phone :(. I have never had similar issues with any of my previous galaxy phones. Also the icons started to be huge please see attached picture. Any suggestions are welcome. Also typing is starting to be pain in the b...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 White - using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370270257906.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370270257906.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 63

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I think it's time we create one big "sticky" thread called "Supposed Lag issues" so we don't have to have dozens upon dozens of these things pop up every month.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I think it's time we create one big "sticky" thread called "Supposed Lag issues" so we don't have to have dozens upon dozens of these things pop up every month.

Sounds good to me. Also sorry if someone mention this already. I tried to read a lot of posts and I may miss some sorry if this answered already.

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Sounds good to me. Also sorry if someone mention this already. I tried to read a lot of posts and I may miss some sorry if this answered already.

Have you downloaded a new launcher? Those are some big icons lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
My battery is great and I don't really care about sales.

Same here, but it seems every hour on the hour we get the usual new posts pop up over and over and over again...."Going from iPhone to S4, HELP!" or "My battery life sucks..HELP!!" or "Looks like S4 sales are HUGE!!!". You get the idea. Just make 3-4 sticky topics and let those newbs hash things out there.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
p.s. Make one also for "Battery issues" and "S4 Sales". :)

4 Threads on sales figures and at least 26 on lag. 4 threads hardly justifies a sticky. Just because you don't like a subject doesn't mean people can't start threads about it. If the threads on sales figures approached half of the number of threads on lag then I would agree with you.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Same here, but it seems every hour on the hour we get the usual new posts pop up over and over and over again...."Going from iPhone to S4, HELP!" or "My battery life sucks..HELP!!" or "Looks like S4 sales are HUGE!!!". You get the idea. Just make 3-4 sticky topics and let those newbs hash things out there.

I'm fine with that only one post but seems every time someone posted something you trying to point something instead to help others if you know how to resolve the issue and the posts going wrong direction, instead please just ignore have tea or coffee and enjoy your time instead complain complain and complaining. Men just relax no need to teach others what to do. Let's have moderator decided what and how should things work. Nothing personal but read your posts and you will understand what I mean. Calm down :)

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Example of one of the issues, same screen page when is normal and without reason jumps to huge icons and half of the apps you can't see it. I have no idea what to do and why? I haven't install
gese5ade.jpg
anything.
gy3yjege.jpg

agujy8a2.jpg

Etios

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy S4 is a laggy phone, you will have to deal with it or return it, almost all the reviews have mentioned LAG, so its not some imagination as claimed by the S4 fanboys.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Example of one of the issues, same screen page when is normal and without reason jumps to huge icons and half of the apps you can't see it. I have no idea what to do and why? I haven't install http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/03/gese5ade.jpganything. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/03/gy3yjege.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/03/agujy8a2.jpg
What happened to your notification bar in the large icon screen? No offense but the large icon screen just looks like a cropped picture. And what's with the blue border around the center picture but not the other two?

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy S4 is a laggy phone, you will have to deal with it or return it, almost all the reviews have mentioned LAG, so its not some imagination as claimed by the S4 fanboys.

In all the lag threads here the vast majority of those who actually own and use the S3 report little or no lag. Reviewers often have hidden agendas. Trust the owners reports not a reviewer who has had little time with the phone. I see from your previous posts that you are an HTC aficionado so trying to discuss this evenhandedly is probably fruitless. But again, you really should read the responses of actual owners.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
What happened to your notification bar in the large icon screen? No offense but the large icon screen just looks like a cropped picture. And what's with the blue border around the center picture but not the other two?
Thanks for notice that, that's my question it's just happening time to time. That's why I need help and never had problems before and I had all galaxy phones but never experienced above issue and it's looking like cropped and the blue line but it's not cropped and no idea why this happens?

Etios

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
In all the lag threads here the vast majority of those who actually own and use the S3 report little or no lag. Reviewers often have hidden agendas. Trust the owners reports not a reviewer who has had little time with the phone. I see from your previous posts that you are an HTC aficionado so trying to discuss this evenhandedly is probably fruitless. But again, you really should read the responses of actual owners.

Nobody has hidden agenda except Samsung paid posters which was officially accepted by samsung. Apart from all the reviewers, many of the users are also complaining about LAG in the S4 but they are bashed by samsung paid posters and fanboys. Also, I see from your previous posts that you are an Samsung aficionado so trying to discuss this evenhandedly is probably fruitless.

skiner5246

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Nobody has hidden agenda except Samsung paid posters which was officially accepted by samsung. Apart from all the reviewers, many of the users are also complaining about LAG in the S4 but they are bashed by samsung paid posters and fanboys. Also, I see from your previous posts that you are an Samsung aficionado so trying to discuss this evenhandedly is probably fruitless.

No need for this. Period. If your not helping the original poster with your comments, than your part of the problem and not the solution. Really, if you don't own the phone you're just making a blind observation and have no credibility here.

Anyway, to the OP. Perhaps it may be a launcher issue? Have you tried Nova vs Go launcher? And I see you have AT&T. Did you install their latest OTO update yet?. Another thing to try is go into developer options and reduce the animations. This combination seemed to work for me.
-good luck

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
No need for this. Period. If your not helping the original poster with your comments, than your part of the problem and not the solution. Really, if you don't own the phone you're just making a blind observation and have no credibility here.

Anyway, to the OP. Perhaps it may be a launcher issue? Have you tried Nova vs Go launcher? And I see you have AT&T. Did you install their latest OTO update yet?. Another thing to try is go into developer options and reduce the animations. This combination seemed to work for me.
-good luck

I have tried go launcher and same issues. I have a lot knowledge about Android but this is not something that happens all the time so it's hard to find what causes bigger app icons. I did all updates and animations already, but I come across and solved one issue (typing issue). I read somewhere in the forum to disable smart rotation and works fine now but if I check smart rotation again same issues. Thanks for that and even the same disagree with it on the forum worked for me. I think someone said sticky typing I will find and thank him for that. I think it was sensors issues? But I still have issues with icons (see pictures) I posted earlier. Thank you for your time and advice.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Finally found it, it's magnification gestures once I turned off no more lag and now I can tap multiple times won't make my screen like cropped :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370743758395.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370743758395.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 21
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370743769719.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370743769719.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 22
Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

I think all these threads are valuable tools for prospective customers! Now if I was an employee for Samsung, I would probably want them moved to spam! Lol

SENT FROM ANDROID CENTRAL'S TOP SMARTPHONE OF 2013!! WOOT WOOT!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon