Super AMOLED HD is a dream come true, am I alone?

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
This screen is freaking amazing. Am I the only one that feels like I don't ever want to go back to IPS, LCD, or sLCD? I had the Galaxy Nexus and I did enjoy the contrast ratio, but compared to other 720p displays at the time, it just wasn't as sharp. But this new 1080p Super AMOLED which supposedly has a different layout of its pixels and sub pixels, looks downright perfect to my eyes. It is super bright, super sharp, and wow that contrast ratio is amazing. I know the HTC One screen is amazing, but I just couldn't ever go back to LCD after using this display. also, for those that complain of over saturation, you can ad just the color intensity under display settings and mute the saturation to have a more realistic look.

Anyhow...

Anyone else share a similar feeling? And if not why not?

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I really like it, my pictures come out really clear and detailed. Coming form the Rezound, to my eyes its close, but I can see a clearer image with the GS4, its way better the my current I% work phone thats for sure.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well I kind of agree. First I'll say I prefer the display on my One.

With that said I really think the s4 has made strides over the s3. Unfortunately it's still my biggest complaint about Samsung phones

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site

With that said I really think the s4 has made strides over the s3. Unfortunately it's still my biggest complaint about Samsung phones

Any particular reason why you hate the screen? I would be so sad if there wasn't a super AMOLED option personally. It just looks better. Probably why OLED TV's are starting to come out.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Any particular reason why you hate the screen? I would be so sad if there wasn't a super AMOLED option personally. It just looks better. Probably why OLED TV's are starting to come out.

I don't hate it. That's what I was trying to say, it's come a long way since the epic 4g days lol.

I was giving props even though I prefer lcd technology like htc uses.

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site

I don't hate it. That's what I was trying to say, it's come a long way since the epic 4g days lol.

I was giving props even though I prefer lcd technology like htc uses.

Oh okay. My mistake. Yeah HTC does look good.

BTW, does anyone know if the S4 is a laminated display? NY eyes tell me no.it does look like there is a gap between the pixels and the glass I am touching unlike iPhone 5 and the HTC One.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
My One has a better display than my GS4. It's noticeably sharper, and much brighter. Whites appear much whiter as well. However, the GS4 still has a great screen. It is bigger, has nice blacks and viewing angles.

Posted via Android Central App

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
My One has a better display than my GS4. It's noticeably sharper, and much brighter. Whites appear much whiter as well. However, the GS4 still has a great screen. It is bigger, has nice blacks and viewing angles.

Yeah I suppose it is very subjective these days. I feel like side by side my GS4 looks equally as sharp and the color reproduction is just so much better than on the One. And the blacks... wow. It is all opinion though, back in the day it was pretty obvious which screens were better. And though Super AMOLED was nice, it was 800x480 resolution vs Apples Retina and qHD from Moto and HTC. So it wasn't really comparable. But now they are the same resolution and pentile displays have improved so much, I personally wouldn't want to use LCD anymore.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
15 posts between s4 and One owners and no bashing. We've come a long way my friends lol

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Agreed that the One is brighter and whiter. Didn't really notice the difference in whiteness until I opened the same webpage and held the two side by side. Beyond that though I prefer my colors over saturated and the s4 is gorgeous and big.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've always really liked the Amoled screens, but I am often working outside and the SLCD3 screen on the current HTC phones is much better in the sun. The SLCD3 screen is not as good in the dark as a clock though, the back light is too bright.

Steve

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I have both phones and the GS4 screen is way better. I gave the One to my daughter.

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've always really liked the Amoled screens, but I am often working outside and the SLCD3 screen on the current HTC phones is much better in the sun. The SLCD3 screen is not as good in the dark as a clock though, the back light is too bright.

Steve

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Agree