S4 Audio Nanny

dimsdale

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else find the S4 audio nanny annoying? If you try to raise volume beyond a certain level with headphones in, it will prompt you for confirmation. You have to acknowledge the alert before it will raise the volume. The alert has "OK" and "Cancel" buttons, but it doesn't seem to matter what you press.

Today, when listening in Poweramp after an hour, the phone was actively lowering the volume on me. Not sure why that was happening.

Anyone else have issues with this sort of nonsense?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The nagging message is mandatory thanks to some lawyers. So the only way to get around that is to root and hack/install a different ROM. BUT the phone shouldn't lower the volume on its own. Are you sure you're not pressing either the headset buttons or the volume rocker on the phone accidentally?

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Uh oh sounds like the loud music already affected schmoli.
Mine just reminds me that loud music can have some bad effect on me or something but I have no option to click a box OK or cancel, it goes away the next push of the volume rocker.
On Sprint here, maybe its different for other carriers?

dimsdale

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine just reminds me that loud music can have some bad effect on me or something but I have no option to click a box OK or cancel, it goes away the next push of the volume rocker.
On Sprint here, maybe its different for other carriers?

Very interesting! I'm on Verizon and I'm forced to respond to the dialog box before I can raise the volume.

Posted via Android Central App

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
To be more specific it says this.
Still annoying but what you're describing would have me pulling out my hair.

Attachments

• IMG_20130603_214151.jpg
    IMG_20130603_214151.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 20

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes I just noticed yesterday tgat my volume was going up and down randomly

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members