Samsung Galaxy S4 Seemingly Stuck Pixels?

DannyPhilo

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I've had my galaxy S4 for about 2 weeks now, and I'm loving it, but over the past few days I've noticed a pink/purple smudge appearing near the top left of the screen.

I assumed the obvious and gave the screen a clean with my sleeve, still there. I came home, cleaned it was a glass cleaner, as well as an alcohol wipe. Still there. At this point I was still optimistic, and assumed it was either a dirty screen underneath my screen protector or a dirty screen protector. Once I took of my screen protector and cleaned the screen, the smudge was still there.

So now all the only conclusion is that there is something wrong with the screen. I assume it is stuck pixels.
It does not show up on a screen shot, I have no idea if a problem like this would or wouldn't, but it doesn't. Its not hugely noticeable all the time, but on a white or lightly coloured background it is fairly noticeable and very annoying.
I am just wondering if anybody has any idea what might cause this and if there is any way for me to solve this, permanently, rather than having to deal with Samsung and warranties?

Last edited:

sjblair1234

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have had this same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S4 when receiving it for the first time, but mine started off like a yellow mark on one side and has gradually got worse and I now have black smudge marks over the screen. I have seen people suggest online that this may be because of the pixels on the phone. However, I was wondering if anyone could confirm this for me because it seemed to get worse every-time I turned it on and off. I would like to know if this is a manufacturing fault so that we can send it off to the manufacturer or not so any advise would be of use.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze