Galaxy S4 Support Bluetooth MAP?

mike6679

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Does the Samsung Galaxy S4 support Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP), which enables some smartphones to stream and read text messages out loud to to the driver?

sainath vee

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a S4 and tried everything for MAP. It doesn't work :(. I wanted to buy Lumia which works great on MAP. S4 is surely a wrong decision...Anyone to help?

LoganK

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
The last update to the Galaxy S III for T-Mobile brought MAP support, so it's not like Samsung is ignoring the feature. (There was no configuration required or available.)

That being said, the feature is not a part of standard Android. It's possible that the S4 doesn't have the appropriate changes yet, or even that MAP is supported with some carriers but not others.

dougc405

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
MAP doesn't work with my car radio (Kenwood). It's odd that the S4 doesn't support MAP. The SII worked with both Ford Sync and the Kenwood. Bluetooth in general seems to have lots of problems on the S4.

videian

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Works most of the time in my car, 2014 Mazda 6. I say most of the time as I get errors in the message download more than I should. I can also reply from the radio interface as well. Very clunky tho. Easier to just pick up the phone and dictate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

alphacc82

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
"I just bought a S4 and tried everything for MAP. It doesn't work . I wanted to buy Lumia which works great on MAP. S4 is surely a wrong decision...Anyone to help?"

Its odd you say that because I have a lumia 920 and that does not support bluetooth map. No windows phone 8 phones support bluetooth map at this point. On another note, I am finding from multiple resources that the GS4 does indeed support bluetooth map. Maybe that can in an update? It is two months later!

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing that this has to do with the S4 using 4.2 and (probably) the BlueDroid Bluetooth stack instead BlueZ. A lot of phones lost the MAP profile with the upgrade, and all the Nexus devices now lack MAP support.

Dave Dickerson

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
after much research and talking to us cellular CSR and Samsung rep I found on the Samsung web site that my sch970 us cellular galaxys4 supports map as well as many other forms of connectivity my voice synced to my system fine but not the messaging portion it has been recommended to un pair them and shut down my phone repower and try again will update upon completion of this new effort

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers