Samsung S4 - Chrome missing three dots next to address bar.

Spongy

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Long story short, am trying to create bookmarks using Chrome but I dont seem to have the three dots next to the address bar.

I have rooted, uninstalled the Samsung supplied version of chrome and reinstalled Play store version.

Yes, am very new to Android - google not throwing up any answers.

Be grateful if anyone can throw some light on things

Cheers

Spongy : )

Spongy

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hit menu key

Thanks for your time :)

Hitting Menu key takes me to a limited menu, can't add bookmarks in Chrome.

However, have noticed if I use the stock browser I get the Book mark Ribbon with Star to the right of the address bar which allows me to create bookmarks then add them to the home screen etc.

Can't create bookmarks in Chrome (Android) - When I fire up Chrome I see the 3 dots for a fraction of a second before the address bar elongates and they disappear

Is the stock browser doing this or Samsung software?

Will keep trying

Spongy

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Press the menu key then press the star to add bookmarks.

Good grief, I feel a bit daft (stupid) now, never clocked the star at the top of the bar, had become obsessed with
getting them 3 dots back on the screen.

Thanks all - ankles black and blue from the self kicking

Debbiesue49

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I dont have a samsung but an lg. I am posting here because i cant get into my own forums. I got here through doing a search.

My three dot menu icon disappeared and i am unable to view video clips ive always been able to view because i supposedly have my browser in safe mode. I didnt change it and the directions it gives to fix it i cant follow because my menu icon is gone. Sorry very frustrated.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Most Apps I have used will have the three dots at the top right corner but the dots do not appear when you have a MENU key available. The Apps know the difference!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke