LED Notifications - Confusion - Don't think they're working correctly (***** alert)

DSWR

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello, everyone.

First of all, apologies if this is something only an ***** would ask. I am one, haha. I've just recently took the jump from iPhone to Android and went heads first and got a flagship smartphone. Bought myself a Samsung Galaxy S4 (the international octacore model, too!) Thought if I was going to swap, I may as well do it in style:) I know some people don't like bloatware and that but I thought it may help simplify things (and everyone loves the little gimmicks Samsung's offering, even if we'll get bored of them in a month or so).

Basically, my problem is the LED Notifications have a mind of their own. Originally, I swore they ALWAYS went off when I had a notification, screen on or off. I installed Light Flow (Full version) and set it up! I then found out LightFlow would only work if I disabled loads of options (that I still enjoy using now) like air view, air gesture, etc. Basically, I uninstalled AirView and ever since my LED Notifications don't really, well, work. It picks and chooses when to go off.

I've read up everything and went through all the settings I could see to make sure the LED colours are set and that the apps know to use LED notifications. All on working properly. I know it says they only work when screens off so I send myself a text/whatsapp/phonecall/message on facebook and the notifications don't light up! but then on the odd occasion it'll light up for a notification! but then 5 minutes later another notification will come (last notification replied/read or whatever you'd say and then screen off again) and it won't display that one! At first I thought it maybe something to do with the lighting of the room. Maybe the sensor detects how light the room is and see's it as pointless to light up? but I know for sure that it's worked out in bright sunshine before and in my room under lighting. I'm so confused. I'm one of them perfectionists who likes everything working properly and this is stressing me out. I love to leave my phone on vibrate or even silent (all day) as I'd feel the vibrations and thanks to the LED notifications I'd see when I've got a message (and know what it is thanks to the colour). Especially now that the screen doesn't light up compared to my iPhone, this feature was really useful to me.

I hope that one of you could help and I'd be very greatful!

DSWR

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Not even lying... Just had my first LED Notification of the day! green light. Was my whatsapp!!! I'm a pretty popular guy so this is easy testing for me. Normally It doesn't light up! just tested sending a text from my old iPhone and no LED notification=\ so strange! if anyone knows what's up I'll be in their debt!

DSWR

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Just turned on the LED setting that forces it to show a red light while charging.. Doesn't do anything.. Tried doing it in the light and in the dark and both have same effect of nothing! I've went onto LightFlow in application manager under settings and forced it to stop and cleared all it's data. Testing to see what's what now

edit: didn't do squat! still same problem=\

Vorbaciov

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
well? what happened? i have the same problem and am curious if it worked.

p.s. thumbs up with the perfectionist thing, i feel you, my friend!