Was it worth the upgrade to the s4.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Was the s4 everything u hoped and then some? Or was it something u could have done without? I upgraded today and after the fact I thought to myself will it be worth it or should I just return it? Can it do something that will make it irreplaceable?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I didn't pay for my S4, I won it from MobileSyrup.com, so upgrading was a non-issue for me.

However, I like it a lot better than the Galaxy Nexus S that I had, the main thing I hated about that phone was you couldn't use a MicroSD to expand the 16GB to get more storage.

I just wish Samsung would stop treating Canada like a us state and give Canadians the international version of the S4 instead of forcing us to buy it through eBay, etc!

I forgot to add that I hate TouchWiz, and the other phone makers add-on, I'd love to see what vanilla Android looks like on a phone!

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Got because my razr maxx hd camera was just way too crappy. Initially I missed the great razr battery but now my s4 is tweeked and getting great battery time. You cant beat this camera.

Posted via Android Central App

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm coming from bb torch so it's really no comparison. Overall I thinks it's a great device I just wish it was a bit more polished and what I mean by that is that it can be buggy with the lag, overheating and the connectivity issues and the text smearing when scrolling just irks me

I held out for a while to get the S4 so maybe I'm expecting too much from it

Posted via Android Central App

Rim85

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
2.5 years with an iPhone 4g and the atrix4g..so yes this upgrade is perfect, no regrets at all so far

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk II

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I have an assortment of phone luke the note 2, one x plus, lgog, and gs3. Had a htc one but my wife wanted it. I got offered an early upgrade after I did an early upgrade and at the two year price of the phone but im thinking about returning it because im not sure if it will do the justice of signing a new two year agreement and paying 200 for it when I have a few good working phones.

weblou

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a n S3 with a cracked screen and WiFi and Bluetooth problems it's very worth it LOL
The screen alone and the "feel" of the phone make it worth for me.... It just feels great it in the hands.
It's a 5" screen but you really don't feel it

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I sold my iPhone 5. Got the LG Optimus G Pro. Loved it, but screen size was too big...sorta, got S4 and I am in LOVE with the phone.
Won't be going back to iOS until I get a 5"+ screen size, swype keyboard with autocorrect, and live tiles/widgets. and I don't see that happening for another 2-5 years.
By then Key lime Pie or higher will be out and iOS will just be sitting there looking all "flat" with a thumb print scanner and a radio feature as the new revolutionary features.

S4 is awesome

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
It depends on what you're upgrading from. I upgraded from a Droid X2 and got the subsidy from signing a 2 year contract so it was totally worth it. If I had to pay full price and was using a phone that's within a year or so old it might or might not been worth it depending on the phone I had. FWIW, it's easily one of the top few phones out there now. It's almost certainly one of the top two if you like the form factor and Android. It sounds like it will be a few months before the next latest and greatest phone comes out so if you're due for an upgrade and there isn't something about the size, OS, or specific hardware that's a deal breaker it's certainly worth considering.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
For me it was well worth it. Im Coming over from an iPhone 4s and I enjoy the bigger screen on the galaxy s4.

Tapatalking from a Galaxy S4

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Was the s4 everything u hoped and then some? Or was it something u could have done without? I upgraded today and after the fact I thought to myself will it be worth it or should I just return it? Can it do something that will make it irreplaceable?

Well, soon you will be able to move APPS to the SD card via a Samsung update so that juts made an awesome phone awesomer! See the thread about SD card update in this forum.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
It depends on what you're upgrading from. I upgraded from a Droid X2 and got the subsidy from signing a 2 year contract so it was totally worth it. If I had to pay full price and was using a phone that's within a year or so old it might or might not been worth it depending on the phone I had. FWIW, it's easily one of the top few phones out there now. It's almost certainly one of the top two if you like the form factor and Android. It sounds like it will be a few months before the next latest and greatest phone comes out so if you're due for an upgrade and there isn't something about the size, OS, or specific hardware that's a deal breaker it's certainly worth considering.

Im coming from a note 2 and an htc one. I have a few phones. I decided to do the upgrade because im a phone nut but ive been realizing that what can this phone do for ke that I need it. I guess it was trying to get some justification on keeping it.

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Used iPhone (3G/4S)... Having no regrets at all. :)

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, soon you will be able to move APPS to the SD card via a Samsung update so that juts made an awesome phone awesomer!

Currently, that update is only for the international version, who knows when we'll get it for the ****ty quad-core North american version!

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Currently, that update is only for the international version, who knows when we'll get it for the ****ty quad-core North american version!

I'll bet you not only think the glass is half full but leaking :) It is good news for every 16 GB S4 owner. Either because it will allow them to move APPS to their SD card or that it shows Samsung offers excellent product support after the sale.

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Worth it for one reason and one reason only. Roms. I hate touch wiz so much. Features I don't like and won't use bloated up the system now cm 10.1 is on it all day.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power