- 2 Posts
Error connecting S4 to card radio USB - help?
I can successfully connect iPhones, iPods, USB memory sticks & Blackberries to my card radio USB input (2012 Toyota). However, connecting the S4 results in an "error" on the radio display. I have contacted the car dealer and they have no clue! Does anyone know of a phone "tweak"/setting to get this device recognised by my radio?
PS: The device does charge over the USB and the phone does report that it is connected as a media device on the phone but it does not playback through the radio.
- 2 Posts
Re: Error connecting S4 to card radio USB - help?
Update - a bit of searching suggests this is likely a result of the fact that the S4 has USB modes MTP and PTP - importantly not UMS (USB Mass Storage) mode! Apparently I am not able to get this mode: a) without rooting the device, & b) to make the internal storage available. If I root the device, the best I can hope for is getting a SD card recognised.
- By Takuro Robinson in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 25Last Post: 02-08-2015, 03:52 PM
- By koolx in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 10Last Post: 07-08-2014, 12:28 PM
- By MYSTICBLUEX3 in forum Verizon Droid DNAReplies: 9Last Post: 02-05-2013, 05:41 PM
- By MattMJB0188 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus AccessoriesReplies: 1Last Post: 03-10-2012, 08:25 PM
- By omarnova in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 5Last Post: 03-29-2011, 11:56 AM