ChompSMS with Google Voice

glades

May 30, 2013
Visit site
So I just got ChompSMS and i'm trying to integrate that messaging app with google voice. I was able to receive and send texts from google voice via chompsms but the issue is when i'm receiving a text to my google voice the # of my contact is different from his/her actual #. Does this change regularly? I'm trying to integrate google voice to chompsms. It's a bit of a nuissance but if the odd # for my contact doesn't change for a specific contact, i'll just include that # to their contacts. So any texts from any contacts sent to either my carrier or google voice # will be seen in one view.

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
i read your post to say that you had some contacts that numbers were different and were using two address books from gv and sms. gv uses google contacts in the id. if i did not understand your post please ignore mine. i made a valid point that must not be helpful here. good luck

cozyrum

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi there. Any luck with this? I am looking to do the same thing, and chompSMS looks cool.
also, is it easy to set it up so messages are sent from GV number?

thanks!

Marc Netterfield

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The way I understand it is that google voice basically picks a random number from its own collection for anyone who hasn't picked their own gvoice number. You just need to associate the gvoice number with that contact in your address book one time and unless that person goes to gvoice and changes their number intentionally you should be set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair