Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Whalen144
  • 1 Post By Sam Cheong
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default which SD Card?

    So does it matter which SD Card we get in terms of SDXC or SDHC? Just making sure so I dont have to go through the hassle of returning

    Thanks!

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: which SD Card?

    You want a micro SD card. An xc card is a different type of card.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: which SD Card?

    Quote Originally Posted by dmarcus48 View Post
    You want a micro SD card. An xc card is a different type of card.
    What he said and get a class 10.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: which SD Card?

    I'm confused about this too. I'd heard the phone can ONLY use class 10, is that right? Kingston is selling a class 4 that supposedly is for this phone. Are they wrong?
    Amazon.com: Professional Kingston MicroSDHC 32GB (32 Gigabyte) Card for Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone with custom formatting and Standard SD Adapter. (SDHC Class 4 Certified): Computers & Accessories
  5. #5  

    Default Re: which SD Card?

    I don't think the galaxy s4 can only use class 10. I'm pretty sure it's able to use lower class cards as well. However, I'm not sure about a class 4. Why not just spend an extra $5 and get this class 10 sandisk one? Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A): Electronics

    Reviews say that it's compatible with the gs4. I just got mine today but haven't tried it yet. Best buy will do a price match for you if youngo tothe storemand show them the link.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: which SD Card?

    Oh oh......I got Kingston 16 GB Class 4 MicroSDHC Flash Card with SD Adapter SDC4/16GB. I got it for $10 on Amazon a week or so ago. It is already in my phone but I haven't actually used it. So what is going to happen?? Run slow?? Not work??
  7. #7  

    Default Re: which SD Card?

    Quote Originally Posted by veggie59 View Post
    Oh oh......I got Kingston 16 GB Class 4 MicroSDHC Flash Card with SD Adapter SDC4/16GB. I got it for $10 on Amazon a week or so ago. It is already in my phone but I haven't actually used it. So what is going to happen?? Run slow?? Not work??
    I'm betting it will be slow to render music,save/display pics etc.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: which SD Card?

    Quote Originally Posted by veggie59 View Post
    Oh oh......I got Kingston 16 GB Class 4 MicroSDHC Flash Card with SD Adapter SDC4/16GB. I got it for $10 on Amazon a week or so ago. It is already in my phone but I haven't actually used it. So what is going to happen?? Run slow?? Not work??
    Total protonic reversal. Remember...

    Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
    Dr. Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal.
    Dr. Peter Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

    Actually, I believe it will run as that card is designed, which may not be as fast as a class 10 card. But I believe it will run...but please don't cross the streams.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: which SD Card?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhAlfie View Post
    I'm betting it will be slow to render music,save/display pics etc.
    Thanks.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Total protonic reversal. Remember...

    Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
    Dr. Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal.
    Dr. Peter Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

    Actually, I believe it will run as that card is designed, which may not be as fast as a class 10 card. But I believe it will run...but please don't cross the streams.
    .....eh.....thanks.....
  10. #10  

    Default Re: which SD Card?

    update: I stuck a slower one in and it wasn't even 'seen' by the phone at all.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: which SD Card?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Jochim View Post
    update: I stuck a slower one in and it wasn't even 'seen' by the phone at all.
    Did you format it? Cause I have put in an old one as a temporary in mine and it was a Class 6 that worked fine.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: which SD Card?

    Quote Originally Posted by FarishK View Post
    Did you format it? Cause I have put in an old one as a temporary in mine and it was a Class 6 that worked fine.
    I tried and couldn't. It didn't even act like the card existed at all.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: which SD Card?

    Quote Originally Posted by FarishK View Post
    What he said and get a class 10.
    Im confused now as the website i usually buy my cards from are selling Sandisk 64gb Micro SDXC cards and alongside one of them has the little green android man. They state "Perfect for your Android™-powered smartphone and tablets.
    Get faster app performance and advanced photo and video capture for Android™ and other smartphones and tablets."

    They are Class 10 cards and I was gonna buy one but you mentioned XC's are no go's so am hesitant. What devices are the XC cards used for if not for this??
    Last edited by dolts007; 06-09-2013 at 12:40 PM.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: which SD Card?

    Quote Originally Posted by dolts007 View Post
    What devices are the XC cards used for if not for this??
    Dedicated digital cameras (still & video).
  15. #15  

    Default Re: which SD Card?

    A XC class 10 card is perfect for this phone....so much disinformation in this thread! XC refers to extended capacity, over 32 GB, all 64 GB cards will be XC class. This is what I have in my phone and it works perfectly.
    Thanked by:
    dolts007 likes this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: which SD Card?

    Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A): Electronics

    I got two of those for me and the wife and they both work perfectly. Don't notice any lag or anything.
    Thanked by:
    dolts007 likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Which SD Card to install linux on?
    By Tobias Nijssen in forum Samsung Chromebook
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2013, 10:00 AM
  2. Which SD card?
    By Raiderspy1 in forum ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity 300
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 02:54 AM
  3. Which Sd card do you recommend?
    By pbdc13 in forum Sprint Photon
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-13-2011, 08:57 AM
  4. Which SD card....
    By Storm24 in forum Barnes & Noble Nook Color
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 12:29 PM
  5. Which SD card?
    By panamamike in forum Barnes & Noble Nook Color
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 07:22 AM

Posting Permissions