Difference in carrier versions

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I own both a t mobile and a Verizon s4, and I've noticed minor differences between both but I wonder why this is the way it is, for example in the home with stock touchwiz you get infinite scrolling of pages on the tmobile version but with the Verizon one you don't. Also, in the text messages settings area the tmobile one gets the option to block text messages while the Verizon one doesn't. Anyone know why it is this way? Is there a way to enable these features on the Verizon version?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
VZ seems to enjoy locking their phones down like fort Knox. I'm glad to be rid of them. There are a lot of those little things that are disabled on VZ phones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
VZ seems to enjoy locking their phones down like fort Knox. I'm glad to be rid of them. There are a lot of those little things that are disabled on VZ phones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

exactly. i got rid of them just for that reason

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
thats exactly what it is. we pay all this money for these phones and especially the service, and we get crippled devices

I would lov for the day when we get to do with the devices what the manufacturer intended it to be. It sucks but I guess everyone's gotta make their money. I remember when the RAZRs were out and Verizon crippled it with all its UI and no Bluetooth transfers and all this crap. They've been doing it all along!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The problem is Verizon has such a great network and it's widespread.

Until another wireless provider can actually challenge them, this will continue to happen.

That.... Or Samsung puts their foot down on these changes.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
if theres one thing phone manufacturers should take from apple, its how to release a phone and to not let carriers touch said phone.

Exactly.

Blaming Verizon or any other carrier is ridiculous. They all screw with the phones software.

The OEMs have to make them stop.

Samsung is the only one in a clear position to make thus happen next to Apple.

If the carrier don't want to play ball, tell them that you won't give them the flagship device. All OEMs must stand together on this issue and stop being punked by the carriers.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Exactly.

Blaming Verizon or any other carrier is ridiculous. They all screw with the phones software.

The OEMs have to make them stop.

Samsung is the only one in a clear position to make thus happen next to Apple.

If the carrier don't want to play ball, tell them that you won't give them the flagship device. All OEMs must stand together on this issue and stop being punked by the carriers.

It is silly to think that. The carriers are Samsung's customer, not the people that use the carriers. Samsung assumes the carriers know what their members want and if you stay with a carrier you just agreed. I do think Apple was brilliant to do this with ATT. Not happy with the bloat on my ATT version, but happy that I was able to get the 32GB.