Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By infinity12402
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Difference in carrier versions

    I own both a t mobile and a Verizon s4, and I've noticed minor differences between both but I wonder why this is the way it is, for example in the home with stock touchwiz you get infinite scrolling of pages on the tmobile version but with the Verizon one you don't. Also, in the text messages settings area the tmobile one gets the option to block text messages while the Verizon one doesn't. Anyone know why it is this way? Is there a way to enable these features on the Verizon version?

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Difference in carrier versions

    i dont think so. maybe if you rooted it. but i really dont know. verizon likes to do what ever they want for no reason.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Difference in carrier versions

    VZ seems to enjoy locking their phones down like fort Knox. I'm glad to be rid of them. There are a lot of those little things that are disabled on VZ phones.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Difference in carrier versions

    Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    VZ seems to enjoy locking their phones down like fort Knox. I'm glad to be rid of them. There are a lot of those little things that are disabled on VZ phones.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    exactly. i got rid of them just for that reason
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Difference in carrier versions

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity12402 View Post
    exactly. i got rid of them just for that reason
    Yeah I guess. My personal is the T-Mobile one, and my company provided me with the VZW version. It sucks lol I feel like it is a crippled phone

    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Difference in carrier versions

    thats exactly what it is. we pay all this money for these phones and especially the service, and we get crippled devices
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Difference in carrier versions

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity12402 View Post
    thats exactly what it is. we pay all this money for these phones and especially the service, and we get crippled devices
    I would lov for the day when we get to do with the devices what the manufacturer intended it to be. It sucks but I guess everyone's gotta make their money. I remember when the RAZRs were out and Verizon crippled it with all its UI and no Bluetooth transfers and all this crap. They've been doing it all along!

    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
  8. #8  
    Linebarrel86's Avatar

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Difference in carrier versions

    The problem is Verizon has such a great network and it's widespread.

    Until another wireless provider can actually challenge them, this will continue to happen.

    That.... Or Samsung puts their foot down on these changes.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Difference in carrier versions

    if theres one thing phone manufacturers should take from apple, its how to release a phone and to not let carriers touch said phone.
    Linebarrel86 likes this.
  10. #10  
    Linebarrel86's Avatar

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Difference in carrier versions

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity12402 View Post
    if theres one thing phone manufacturers should take from apple, its how to release a phone and to not let carriers touch said phone.
    Exactly.

    Blaming Verizon or any other carrier is ridiculous. They all screw with the phones software.

    The OEMs have to make them stop.

    Samsung is the only one in a clear position to make thus happen next to Apple.

    If the carrier don't want to play ball, tell them that you won't give them the flagship device. All OEMs must stand together on this issue and stop being punked by the carriers.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Difference in carrier versions

    Quote Originally Posted by Linebarrel86 View Post
    Exactly.

    Blaming Verizon or any other carrier is ridiculous. They all screw with the phones software.

    The OEMs have to make them stop.

    Samsung is the only one in a clear position to make thus happen next to Apple.

    If the carrier don't want to play ball, tell them that you won't give them the flagship device. All OEMs must stand together on this issue and stop being punked by the carriers.
    It is silly to think that. The carriers are Samsung's customer, not the people that use the carriers. Samsung assumes the carriers know what their members want and if you stay with a carrier you just agreed. I do think Apple was brilliant to do this with ATT. Not happy with the bloat on my ATT version, but happy that I was able to get the 32GB.
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

Similar Threads

  1. Any reason to get this in the US, instead of the carrier versions?
    By worknman in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-24-2013, 08:59 PM
  2. What do you notice that's different in Froyo
    By tdawgui in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 08:45 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 07:33 PM
  4. difference in new 2.2 build?
    By edwinc8811 in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 01:24 AM
  5. what's the difference in kernals?
    By Lurch81#AC in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and Hacks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 10:41 PM

Posting Permissions