1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Playing music through the usb in my Chevy Silverado

When I connect my S4 to the usb in my chevy Silverado, it is not recognized. This basically means I can't play music on the phone, Pandora, etc. My wife's iphone and my old ipod work fine. Is this the phone or the car? Any suggestions? I've tried usb debugging and that didn't work.

Thanks
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Playing music through the usb in my Chevy Silverado

Try this app. Its supposed to add USB Mass Storage mode.

Check this link if you have installation questions:

I have the same issue. My iPhone 4 worked seamlessly with the system, but it doesn't recognize the s4. I see that rooting is the remedy for this issue. I have years of jailbreaking experience, but rooting is completely foreign. I would love to have the steering wheel control of my music and podcasts back.

ROM
    CM10.0.0 bobz

What if your phone isn't rooted?

Quote Originally Posted by jbfromconway View Post
    I have the same issue. My iPhone 4 worked seamlessly with the system, but it doesn't recognize the s4. I see that rooting is the remedy for this issue. I have years of jailbreaking experience, but rooting is completely foreign. I would love to have the steering wheel control of my music and podcasts back.
    Same in my Honda Civic, iPhone worked but this one doesn't. I'm not sure about the mass storage mode app but I will try that tonight for giggles. I do have mine working over Bluetooth now so I can still have my tunes. And my steering wheel controls work flawlessly with BT.

My Toyota camry also doesn't recognize the phone via usb but it'll play over bluetooth

sent from my galaxy s4

The USB system in your car (as well as most cars) is programmed to only recognize an Apple device's music library - not an Android's. I'm sure you figured that out, but I wanted to sum up the thread

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active

Quote Originally Posted by 2Tall_TityBoi View Post
    The USB system in your car (as well as most cars) is programmed to only recognize an Apple device's music library - not an Android's. I'm sure you figured that out, but I wanted to sum up the thread

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
    If that was the case then USB Thumb Drives wouldn't work.. But yet they do. So its a matter of the Cars.. In my case a Truck, not recognizing MTP Because our phones now days do support USB Mass Storage Mode.

Has to be a way around this. Id like to be able to use Bluetooth but My Truck dont support it. So USB is my closest option with out having to use the Aux Cable.

Thanks for the info. I downloaded SG USB Storage Enabler and switched to MAss Storage Mode and my 2013 Silverado now recognizes my S3. You will have to make sure your music files are on your EXTERNAL SD CARD for this to work. You must be rooted as well.

I know it's late but just joined....I had the same problem in my 2011 Silverado all you have to do is when you plug in via USB when the screen screen says searching for usb(or whatever it says,been a while) just hit the auxillary button and instead of it wanting to act as a usb it will now act as an aux device and the USB will charge the phone while listening to your music...
    Hope this helped if haven't figured it out by now