Why Won't Chrome Save as Default Browser?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Here are all the apps I downloaded today. I think it has to be one of these because it wasn't doing this until today. The only other thing I did was make Nova my default launcher, but I switched back to TouchWiz for a minute and that didn't change things. Anyway, here are the apps:

4 Pics 1 Word
Adobe Reader
ADT Pulse
AirSync (for doubleTwist)
Album Art Grabber
AMC Theaters
American Airlines
Amtrak
AndroZip
ASTRO File Manager
At Bat
At Bat at the Ballpark
Barcode Scanner
Beautiful Widgets
Best Buy
Bible
Box
Cars.com
Chalk Ball
Chase
Citibank
Clockr
CloudMagic
Compass
Currents
Dictionary
Domino's
Google Earth
Endomondo
ESPN Chicago
ESPN Radio
Evernote
Expedia
Fandango
FedEx Mobile
flavyr
Flickr
Flixster
Flow Free
Yahoo Football
Foursquare
Frogger
Fruit Ninja Puss in Boots
GasBuddy
Google Goggles
Google Sky Map
Granny Smith
Atari Greatest Hits Pro
Grocery IQ
GTA 3
H&M
Hulu Plus
Hungry Shark
iHeartRadio
Instagram
Jack Threads
Kayak
Kohl's
Masters
Messaging 7
Mixology
Muffin Knight
MyFitnessPal
MYHABIT
NASA
NCAA March Madness
Note Everything
Pac-Man
Pandora
Papa John's
Paper Hangman
PayPal
Perfectly Clear
PGA Tour
Phot Grid
Photo Studio Pro
Photoshop Express
Pixlr Express
Pizza Hut
Plants v. Zombies
Pocket
Poynt
QuickPic
realtor.com
RetailMeNot
RoadNinja
Roku
Rue La La
Nike Running
Red Cross S.O.S.
SDrescan
Shazam
Google Shopper
Shop Savvy
Snapseed
Songza
Southwest Airlines
Speed Test
Spotify
StubHun
Stickman Golf 1 and 2
Target
Temple Run 1 and 2
Tesla LED
Tetris
The Game of Life
The Weather Channel
Ticketmaster
Tunein Radio
United Airlines
UPS Mobile
Urban Spoon
USA Today
USPS Mobile
Google Voice
White and Yellow Pages
Walgreens
Walmart
WatchESPN
Where's My Water
Weather Underground
WebMD
Westlaw Next
WHERE
Wind-up Knight
World of Goo
Yelp
Zappos
Zedge
Zillow
Zooper Widget Free

I told you I had a lot. See if anything cross references with yours. We may be able to find a culprit.

teshastar

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Here's the ones that I have installed too. Luckily the list isn't terribly long.

Adobe Reader
ASTRO File Manager
Beautiful Widgets
Domino's
Evernote
iHeartRadio
Instagram
Kohl's
Pandora
PayPal
Speed Test
Temple Run 1 and 2
Urban Spoon
Walgreens
Walmart
Yelp
Zedge

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Here's the ones that I have installed too. Luckily the list isn't terribly long.

Adobe Reader
ASTRO File Manager
Beautiful Widgets
Domino's
Evernote
iHeartRadio
Instagram
Kohl's
Pandora
PayPal
Speed Test
Temple Run 1 and 2
Urban Spoon
Walgreens
Walmart
Yelp
Zedge

Hmmm. So may be one of those? Looks like I'll delete that entire group and see what happens.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Adobe Reader
ASTRO File Manager
Beautiful Widgets
Domino's
Evernote
iHeartRadio
Instagram
Kohl's
Pandora
PayPal
Speed Test
Temple Run 1 and 2
Urban Spoon
Walgreens
Walmart
Yelp
Zedge

Haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but have you? Wondering if you have had any luck yet.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Just deleted everything on that list aside from Pandora and so far so good. I'm going to keep checking every so often and see if it stays over a few hours before I start loading any of those apps again.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Few hours later and still no issues. It had to be an app conflict. I'm going to start adding each app back one at a time. I'll keep this thread updated.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Even though I think I'm talking to myself now, looks like the culprit was Kohl's! I downloaded that one and it immediately came back. None of the others made anything happen. If you're having this issue, try deleting that one and see if it helps.

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Even though I think I'm talking to myself now, looks like the culprit was Kohl's! I downloaded that one and it immediately came back. None of the others made anything happen. If you're having this issue, try deleting that one and see if it helps.

Kohl's official store app?

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Kohl's official store app?

Yeah, as weird as that sounds. I deleted every app that the two of us had in common. The issue went away. So I began to put all the apps back one by one and checked to see if the issue popped up. As soon as I downloaded Kohl's app, the issue popped up. As soon as I deleted it, it went away and hasn't been back since. Strange.

Last edited by a moderator:

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, as weird as that sounds. I deleted every app that the two of us had in common. The issue went away. So I began to put all the apps back one by one and checked to see if the issue popped up. As soon as I downloaded Kohl's app, the issue popped up. As soon as I deleted it, it went away and hasn't been back since. Strange.

If you really like the app, you should contact the company and let them know the app is buggy.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
If you really like the app, you should contact the company and let them know the app is buggy.

It's not a huge deal. I only had it on there because my wife likes to shop there. I may still contact them, though.

whirledpeaz

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
It's not a huge deal. I only had it on there because my wife likes to shop there. I may still contact them, though.
Glad you found it. I have the same issue unfortunately I don't have the Kohl's app. Both the "internet" and chrome have the "clear defaults" option greyed out. I want to use the "internet" browser by default and not chrome

ljam2

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I had to create a login just to thank you for this. I've been trying to figure this out for months and months. I've searched all over the web and couldn't find it. You just made my life a lot better.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I had to create a login just to thank you for this. I've been trying to figure this out for months and months. I've searched all over the web and couldn't find it. You just made my life a lot better.

You're welcome! I'm glad I helped at least one person. It took myself and one other guy who was having the same issue to figure out the app. We ran through a ton of apps just to see which one caused it and sure enough it was Kohl's. Couldn't believe it. I only downloaded it for my wife and it caused about a week of issues for me. I thought I was going to hate my phone because of it. I tried factory resets and everything. So I'm definitely glad I helped you out.

Terri Pendleton

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
THANK YOU! omg, i was ready to throw my phone out the window. i also came from a DNA, and love the galaxy s4, but that one stupid issue was making me hate my life. fixed! stupid kohls app. you are so awesome, i really am so grateful. FIXED! whew.

afowdy1003

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site

Sure enough! I thought I had the whole Chrome default thing whipped, then it started happening again. I just uninstalled the Kohl's app. So far, so good. Fingers crossed! Thanks for figuring this out!

ICTFox

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Great thing you solved it. I may be stuck with the same problem, but I do not have Kohl's app installed. So it must be some other app. Well... let's go find it...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power