Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: S4 music pauses for no reason

I have the same problem, my music stops after a few tracks. I think there is a production product.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Mex View Post
    I have the same problem, my music stops after a few tracks. I think there is a production product.
    Hi im new I think I have figured out the answer to this pain in the *** problem, I just started having this problem today where my galaxy s4 pauses the music randomly when i turn off my screen and the phone locks. So I googled and found this site and tried everything yall said, but no solution, so I stopped and looked at my phone and had an Idea if you have a widget of the music player on your home screen or if you just have the music playing period, and you also have the lock screen music player going it will interfere. It interferes because if one is on play and the other on pause it does both.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi im new I think I have figured out the answer to this pain in the *** problem, I just started having this problem today where my galaxy s4 pauses the music randomly when i turn off my screen and the phone locks. So I googled and found this site and tried everything yall said, but no solution, so I stopped and looked at my phone and had an Idea if you have a widget of the music player on your home screen or if you just have the music playing period, and you also have the lock screen music player going it will interfere. It interferes because if one is on play and the other on pause it does both.

I just found this on another forum and it works great!

This has been driving me out of my mind, but I've tested it after doing this and no problems so far.

"my stock player does not randomly mute when playing music. there are only 2 settings i know of that can make you think the music randomly stoppings playing. settings>my device tab>motions and gestures>long press motion>turn off 'mute/pause' under the turn over section. if you press back, long press palm motion, turn off mute/pause (by covering your screen). after making sure these features are off, you should try the stock app to see if its poweramp thats giving you issues. its also possible that you have a 3rd party app thats killing tasks when your screen is off."

Hope this helps, as I've stopped pulling my own hair out over it since I'm a total audiophile.

It stops for an amazing reason I just found out. If you have some very loud noise on the background, the phone will sense it and will stop playing so that you can hear it. They probably did this for your safety. You can test it by turning the loudspeakers very loud with some other devices, while listening with your S4 with headphones. It will stop playing.

I have an S3 that pauses when using blue tooth in my truck. The music apps that access my own music are fine but Iheartradio, slacker etc will all pause periodically. Since the truck is new I thought I should take it in and have the Blue Tooth checked but I see many people have the same problem. It doesn't seem to matter where I am. It will stop even if my truck is stopped at a light sometimes. I have checked all the settings and don't know why it does this.

Count me in. My gestures are off, airplane mode, no loud outside noises...still skips (silent for about half second) once in awhile when listening on earbuds. I hadn't noticed it when listening through the norm al phone speakers (no earbuds), have you guys?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hi, Im new to the forum. I've reviewed all of the posts and tried it all(except rooting options) but Im still having this issue. It just started recently and its very aggravating. It happens in all of the music players I use(stock player music player, Pandora, and iHeartRadio). I have not found a certain time before it would pause, its pretty random. I found that the stock player and Pandora pauses while in my pocket while the phone is sleep and iHeartRadio pauses when its sleep and active.

If anyone can assist, I'll greatly appreciate it.

Samsung Galaxy S4(AT&T) not rooted
    Model: Samsung-SGH-I337
    Android Version: 4.3
    Build Version: I337UCUEMK2

Many thanks MRQturbo, turned off the voice setting in the stock player and worked a dream, must be the background noise making it think it has been told to pause or skip etc. Cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by MRQturbo View Post
    Try turning the voice control off. When I had it on songs would sometimes not play all the way through and it would skip to next song. Hasn't happened since.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Galaxy S4: music pauses for no reason

My Galaxy S4 would play, then stop after about 20 seconds. Happened with all music apps (spotify, Media players etc). The problem for me was the "Cover" App. I uninstalled the cover app and now my music plays normally again.

hi
    what is uninstall the "cover" app please -
    unfamiliar
    thanks

- - - Updated - - -

hi Mateo D
    what is uninstall the "Cover" app please -
    unfamiliar
    thanks

I have this issue with my SGS4 also.

I initially experienced it with the Cloudskipper app (which I really like) so about 6 months ago I reluctantly uninstaled it and went back to the stock app; in the past week it has started doing unexplainable pausing too!!!

I have tried leaving the player open before locking the screen, closing other apps, deleting all other players ... nothing seems to help - it just goes through a phase of pausing for no reason ... sometimes after 3 seconds playing, sometimes after 3 hours with no change in location... sometimes a notification will be received (my phone auto mutes notifications when I plug in headphone jack) usually no notifications or any obvious reason.

Does anyone have any other suggestions, please?

Yah you're right. After I install some cover apps, this whole thing happen. All my music players and spotify pauses for no reason. Thanks for this post.

Hey.. I think I found a solution!!!

I was having this same issue.... Installed Nova Launcher and it resolved the issue. I didn't install the launcher to fix the issue but it resolved by mistake. Anyway, just install a different launcher and see if it resolves the issue for you..

Good LUCK.. Annoying problem!!

I have Spotify and the default music player on my Samsung S3 randomly pause.

It could be when the device switches between networks. But I installed a logger on my device.

Seems to be Android OS flushing the memory...maybe...

21863,u0_a9,android.process.acore,1434012209.665091,1169,722,S,9232,100
    26700,root,flush-179:0,1434012209.665297,0,301,S
    26859,root,flush-179:16,1434012209.665476,1,0,S
    27090,u0_a19,com.spotify.music,1434012209.665669,6699,1675,S,27333,130
    27106,u0_a19,com.spotify.music.service,

I figured this out, when i go to sleep and let my music play when i wake up it wtops playing, i guess its something normal, as you dont use the phone and the battery drains the phone will kil the tasks. This is my opinion, it never stoped to me when i was on the phone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12