Nova Launcher Prime and the S4 - Really like it , but have a question.

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I was liking TouchWiz on the S4 but missed several things I could do on the S3. I also wanted to have the option for more icons on each page. I had previously used GoLauncher for over a year on my Droid Charge but decided to try Nova Launcher Prime instead. So far, I really like it. There are so many options available and it seems like an more "adult launcher" as opposed to the occasional silliness one sees with GoLauncher. (all the Hello Kitty themes for example). I especially like that Nova can import almost all of the icons from your TouchWiz homepages which is such a timesaver. You just have to reinstall the widgets. (GoLauncher claimed you could do this, but I could never get it to work) Nova also allows continuous scrolling of the home pages, which apparently, Sammy thought we could handle on the S3, but not on the S4. (Thank You Sammy: We are now safe from Continuous Scrolling home pages and the nefarious Blocking Mode). Anyway.....

One issue that I'm having involves creating Shortcuts from bookmarks in the Browsers. For some reason, I cannot get the Shortcut to appear on any of the Nova screens.(problem is there using either the stock browser or Chrome). The new shortcut icon will only show up on the TouchWiz pages (which is no longer my default browser). I read the notations under the "New Apps" section of the Nova settings menu which says to disable the "auto-add widgets" setting in the Play Store, but this has not cured the problem for me.

Anyone encountering a similar problem?
Thanks,
Rich

(I ran a search on this issue before posting, but couldn't find anything)

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an S4 but I'm running Nova on my S3 and there's no issues there. Perhaps it's something specific with the S4. Have you tried to email the developer and ask them if they are aware of any issues?

exiledsoxfan

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I just tried this on my S4 with Nova Launcher prime and it worked. Long press an empty spot on your screen. Select "shortcuts." From there select "bookmark." Then pick your bookmark.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463