PC to extsdcard; card damaged?

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I have 64gb card in my GS4 and setup a sync program on both my PC and GS4 to keep music files synced.
Today I ran the sync to add six music mp3 files to my GS4 card. This is done via wifi and took only a few seconds to accomplish. After the transfer I opened the music player and could not see the new music files? I then went to file program and it showed the files were present. So, I did a restart and when the os was loaded I noticed an alert. Checked and it said my card was damaged! Yikes...this is a new replacment card from Sandisk. I went to "storage" section of the settings and noticed the card was unmounted. After mounting the card, I checked the files and they were all present!
What am I doing incorrectly to have this happen? Note: this is the second time this has happened..first I did a reformat and recopied all files again from the pc to the phone/card.

32GB GS4 via Android Central App

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
One thing that can cause that is if the card is not tight in its place. The card of course is plastic so I would look at the card for an answer not the phone.

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
After two Sandisk cards not performing I ordered a Kingston 64gb c10 microsdcard and will report back on any issues.

zyzzyx

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I switched from a Sandisk SD Card to a Samsung card and have not had any problems so far (a bit over a month).

Edit: I clicked a link that lead to this thread. I have an S3 not an S4 if that makes a difference.

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I switched from a Sandisk SD Card to a Samsung card and have not had any problems so far (a bit over a month).

Edit: I clicked a link that lead to this thread. I have an S3 not an S4 if that makes a difference.

Good to know...Sandisk is more prevalent due to more sales probably so we hear more about them. But have not seen much about other make cards having issues so it just may be an issue with Sandisk. I hope the Kingston I ordered works out.

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
After two Sandisk cards not performing I ordered a Kingston 64gb c10 microsdcard and will report back on any issues.

I received my Kingston 64gb card today, and replaced the Sandisk.
Copied all music to the card from my PC ... no issues.

Turned off the phone for about 15 minutes and reboot.

Got the notification on boot that the sd card was damaged!

So, not the card causing the problem in this GS4.

I had to go to settings and found the card was not mounted...remounted and fine...been there before.

angkiperdana

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Guys,
I googled and I found your posts here.

Just had the same problem with my V-Gen 32 GB. It mounted and unmounted automatically almost every 3 hrs.
It would drained my GN2 battery 2x faster than what it usually had 5 months ago. I suppose this had something to do with an update.

So, as a precaution before the 32GB toasted, I bought 64GB Kingston.

I put around 30GB data on the new one, and half of them cannot be read. I erased the data again and push 60GB of data (mostly video) and in 30 minutes my new SD toasted. :(

So, I went back to my old 32GB, formatted with Windows 7 and formatted again with my GN2, put some 5GB pics and videos. Lasted for about 8 hours. And toasted after taking some photos.

Hypothetically, this has something to do with Media or Data that continuously read on SDCard and perhaps JB couldnt handle them very well, since I read somewhere that JB treated external SD Card differently with ICS.

Just sharing guys. Also ,I need some therapeutic writing after losing 2 SD Card in 3 days. :-X

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I am having success with my Kingston 64gb card. About the only time I have to "mount" the card is if I move, change files on it. If I don't make any changes no issues. If I do then usually I'll get the "damaged sdcard" .... just mount...done.

I only format my card via the phone formatting option....not using the PC win 7 formatting.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I got this error today - I went to storage in settings and chose to mount the card again. Worked - everything is there.... It's not damaged.

? Sent from my Galaxy S4 ?
??? Formerly "Evo_Girl"

zyzzyx

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
My 32 GB Samsung card is still working fine after about 2 months. I'm upgrading to a 64 GB Sandisk card (because it was cheaper and I want more storage) but if I have a problem, I'll go back to the Samsung.

Marck527

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
No problem with my Samsung class 10 32 gb card here. I intentionally bought a Samsung branded one because before I bought my s4,i was reading about problems like this about SanDisk cards.

Sent from my GT-I9500

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance