Android System consuming more battery than screen.

remedemic

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Ive been using the phone for about 2 hours straight now and the top of the phone is getting pretty hot. Also, on the battery screen, im told that "android system" is consuming 59% while the screen, usually the highest, is at 39. Is this normal, and does it have a connection with the heat at the upper side of the phone? All ims doing is web browsing with a bit of facebook on 4g. The battery is by no means dying fast either.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Go options< accounts< backup and reset< backup my data and uncheck that box. The phone is constantly trying to backup at least in my case and a few others. Made a big difference after that.

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem and just turned off the backup option to see if that has any effect. Do have one question though:

Did I also just erase whatever was already backed up on Google's servers?

I ask because the popup prompt seemed to suggest that unchecking that option would delete all copies from Google's servers. That doesn't sound right to me because it is possible to have other devices connected and backed up to the same account. For me, it's my Nexus 7.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
It looks like disabling the backup option is working so far. Android System usage seems to have stalled out with screen starting to take a larger percentage...as would be expected.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk