WWDC 2013?

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
That looks nice :) much more customisable than my current 4S, I would use widgets, background wallpaper maybe a live wallpaper and what ever else is customisable really. I hear that you can change the launcher and install something different from TouchWiz. This is making me me excited to get the S4.

Yes, I have the Apex Pro launcher with go locker. Plus countless wallpaper apps. Its definitely a lot of fun especially coming from an iPhone lol.. And with the hd screen it's just even better

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It is actually not. Swiftkey has a better autocorrect than the iPhone keyboard. Sometimes the iPhone keyboard doesn't even autocorrect some words.

Posted via Android Central App

It actually is. See, the way the iPhone works is that if you dismiss a correction while typing, it saves that you have chosen the incorrect spelling and will not correct it in the future. If the iPhone isn't correcting a word, its because the user added it or chose not to correct it.

Swiftkey takes quite a while to learn your typing habits and to correct them.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Swype is not natural or intuitive to you, perhaps. I don't think you can say that as a general rule. There is nothing inherently natural or intuitive about peck typing either. It is just what most are accustomed to. I don't know that you have any support for saying the auto correct isn't very good. I can't say in comparison to iOS as I haven't used iOS extensively for many years. I see others disagree though, so I can't say it is definitive either way.

Not just to me. Swiping is a counterintuitive way to type. It goes against the way every one of us has been conditioned to type.

Also, I was saying that the autocorrect isn't very good in comparison to iOS, which is what you had asked me about. The autocorrect on swype definitely lags behind traditional keyboards.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Not just to me. Swiping is a counterintuitive way to type. It goes against the way every one of us has been conditioned to type.

Also, I was saying that the autocorrect isn't very good in comparison to iOS, which is what you had asked me about. The autocorrect on swype definitely lags behind traditional keyboards.

There is a difference between saying counter intuitive and counter conditioned. I felt it was immediately intuitive, and based on it's popularity and despite apple not having it, I think a lot of people must agree.

Therefore, when I say not natural or intuitive to you, I feel that is correct.

Again, I can't speak to iOS auto-correct, but based on your responses, I don't put a lot of weight on your opinion in this matter.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
There is a difference between saying counter intuitive and counter conditioned. I felt it was immediately intuitive, and based on it's popularity and despite apple not having it, I think a lot of people must agree.

Therefore, when I say not natural or intuitive to you, I feel that is correct.

Again, I can't speak to iOS auto-correct, but based on your responses, I don't put a lot of weight on your opinion in this matter.

No need to be a jerk. iOS autocorrect is better than swypes. I can say that having used both of them.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh you've see commercials? So you must be an authority on all things apple then, what with the 60 second bites of marketing that make you an expert?

I've seen Apple commercials and I think I'm an expert. What I see is a bunch of kids wearing skinny jeans that seem to have to much time on their hands and instead of getting a life, they play with their iphone. I've also seen the Siri commercials that trend toward our seniors that can barely use a calculator let alone a smartphone.

Besides, what is there not to know about the Iphone? You turn it on and BAM...your greeted with icons. Rows and rows of them and that's pretty much it. Bluetooth on/off and yada yada...ok. But in all honesty, my 3 1/2 year old could be an "authority" on all things apple...and he doesn't wear skinny jeans.

And by the way, the new iOS 7 is a conglomeration of copied tid bits from everyone else's OS's....and the new color scheme looks as if someone eating skittles threw up on it.

Not trying to be a jerk, I'm just stating how I see it.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
And by seeing all the screwed up auto corrections on damnyouautocorrect.com by apple users.....iOS's autocorrect is REVOLUTIONARY!!!!

Again, the way autocorrect works is that if you save an incorrect word it will correct it to that incorrect spelling. Similarly, if you choose NOT to choose the word you'd like, it will not correct it.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Again, the way autocorrect works is that if you save an incorrect word it will correct it to that incorrect spelling. Similarly, if you choose NOT to choose the word you'd like, it will not correct it.

I need to get this straight. Are you implying that Apple users accidentally save incorrect words with incorrect spelling???? And to think that this wasn't possible! SJ must be rolling in his grave.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I'd always try out a new platform because im not one of those that is a strict fan of any one particular thing but a fan of the "Best" ..The only way for me to try out an Iphone is if they give me at least a 4.8 inch screen.

If Apple comes out with a large-screen iPhone, Android marketshare in the U.S. will take a MAJOR hit, IMO.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
As far as the car comparison, you talk about Toyota quality. Maybe you should research their recalls the last 5 years and then talk about their "quality". Obviously we have different opinions of quality. Also, RAM is outselling Ford trucks, and Chevy is on par with Ford's car sales. Especially with the new Cruze. And it's not because they copied Toyota or Honda's standards. They went back to their own standards from the 60's, 70's and even early 80's. Look at the Mustang, Charger, Challenger and Camaro. Those are not following the standards of crap Japanese cars.

RAM outselling Ford trucks, and Chevrolet on par with Ford sales? Lol, only in a dream world! No truck has outsold the F-Series truck for the past 35 years, and won't start this year.
Truck sales surge in May - CSMonitor.com

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
RAM outselling Ford trucks, and Chevrolet on par with Ford sales? Lol, only in a dream world! No truck has outsold the F-Series truck for the past 35 years, and won't start this year.
Truck sales surge in May - CSMonitor.com

You're right. Ford has outsold Ram. What I should have said, was that as of mid 2012, Ram had the highest percent increase of sales of any major truck over the previous year. Their percent increase over the previous year was 20%, Ford was 11%, and Chevy was less than 1%. And just to be sure we're understood, I was referring to Chevy cars. Not the Silverado as being on par with the F series sales.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
No need to be a jerk. iOS autocorrect is better than swypes. I can say that having used both of them.

How can you say that to him after how you spoke to me? Let's not be hypocritical in these discussions. And I don't know how some people have been conditioned to type, but I was conditioned to type with my fingers on ASDF and JKL;. And my thumbs on the keyboard.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If Google cared about user experience, why didn't they bully the oems/carriers in allowing timely updates on Android like Apple is allowed?
If Google cared about user experience, why did it take 3-4 years before Chrome Browser allow you to change font size?
If Google cared about user experience, why did they took so long to come out with Project Butter to finally fix most of the lag issues with Android?
If Google cared about user experience, why don't they force hardware standards for new releases of Android?
If Google cared about user experience, why they keep releasing different social networks after we get use to one?
If Google cared about user experience, why did they take out iGoogle?

Google cares about knowing your habits and how they can market and sell those habits for profit.

Forcing Google to do certain things you list here kind of goes against Android's openness. Seems that for Google to be "more" successful, they should be more strict - like Apple. But it seems like for Apple to be "more" successful, they should be more open - like Google.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Since innovation keeps getting brought, Apple did innovative with the iPhone 5. (What really??? Yes really!!!). The innovation was not something sexy or stands out directly. It was the custom A5 processor that Apple designed for the iPhone. They made their own instruction set and cpu architecture (off the license from ARM) to be optimized around their operating system. I am sure that their next generation is going to do the same and have great battery life off multitasking because of this.

This isn't what the public sees. The public sees IOS7 with toggles and multitasking. If Apple comes out with a larger screen, they will see that.

It is why sometimes I hate benchmark testing so much because people are trying to compare Apples to Oranges.

Is that really innovating though? Their custom chips seem evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is that really innovating though? Their custom chips seem evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

True. And he mentions multitasking when Apples isn't 100% multitasking.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
True. And he mentions multitasking when Apples isn't 100% multitasking.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

To be fair, neither is androids. The only os that has true multitasking right now is *shudder* blackberry 10.