Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 190
Like Tree99Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default WWDC 2013?

    Is anyone else thinking of jumping over to Andriod/Samsung Galaxy S4, if today's (UK time) Apple wwdc event does not wow you? personally if IOS 7 is not a major upgrade, or if it ends up looking like some Windows thing, i will be switching to the S4. Dont get me wrong i'm not knocking Apple, i have an iPad which i love and use for University and iMac which again i love. I just feel that Apples iPhone as become outdated, stale and fallen behind, they need innovation, more features, IOS needs to open up, widgets and customisation. IOS 7 has the potential to be great.

    I guess in a few hours we will know...........
  2. #2  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    I will always be Android as I never want to go back to iOS / iPhone but I will still watch the WWDC to see what Apple is up to.

    I am curious as a tech person as to the changes of iOS 7. Apple needed to change for sure since it has been the same for way to long.

    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    Quite the opposite for me, actually. Galaxy S4 hasn't lived up to all the hype.
    Thanked by 2:
    chrjt74001 likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by dave25A View Post
    Is anyone else thinking of jumping over to Andriod/Samsung Galaxy S4, if today's (UK time) Apple wwdc event does not wow you? personally if IOS 7 is not a major upgrade, or if it ends up looking like some Windows thing, i will be switching to the S4. Dont get me wrong i'm not knocking Apple, i have an iPad which i love and use for University and iMac which again i love. I just feel that Apples iPhone as become outdated, stale and fallen behind, they need innovation, more features, IOS needs to open up, widgets and customisation. IOS 7 has the potential to be great.

    I guess in a few hours we will know...........
    WWDC Always wows me. That is because Apples development support is ahead of Google's. Hopefully Android Studio and some revamping of the documentation will fix that.
    slik6996 likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    If Apple announces higher resolution for the next-gen iPhone during WWDC, that means a larger screen iPhone will be released late this year.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by toujours_frais View Post
    Quite the opposite for me, actually. Galaxy S4 hasn't lived up to all the hype.
    Is it not that good or something?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by toujours_frais View Post
    If Apple announces higher resolution for the next-gen iPhone during WWDC, that means a larger screen iPhone will be released late this year.
    I dont think iPhone's are on the agenda for today's WWDC unfortunately :-/
  8. #8  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by dave25A View Post
    I dont think iPhone's are on the agenda for today's WWDC unfortunately :-/
    They're not. It's software today.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomblipoob View Post
    They're not. It's software today.
    IOS 7 and Mac OS X i think, i think people are looking more at IOS 7 and what Apple are going to do.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by dave25A View Post
    Is it not that good or something?
    If it wasn't I wouldn't take it from him. He's been trolling the S4 for months, and on multiple websites.

    If you're thinking about jumping to Android you won't be disappointed with either 2013 flagship you get.
    Topgonzo and dave25A like this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    Yeah I'm interested in this. I don't ever think I'll leave Android, but if iOS has some new creative stuff I might would set up a shop there as well. I really don't know what they can do that Android doesn't already do, so for their sake I hope they drop bombshells.
    dave25A likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by dave25A View Post
    IOS 7 and Mac OS X i think, i think people are looking more at IOS 7 and what Apple are going to do.
    Agreed. There's definitely more interest in iOS 7.
    dave25A likes this.
  13. #13  
    fishepa's Avatar

    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    I'm definitely interested. One of the reason I just got an S4 was because of Apple's stale OS they've had since the beginning. I hope I don't have any regrets.
    dave25A likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suda View Post
    If it wasn't I wouldn't take it from him. He's been trolling the S4 for months, and on multiple websites.

    If you're thinking about jumping to Android you won't be disappointed with either 2013 flagship you get.
    Oh right ok i didn't know that , newbie to the forum (joined last week) Thank you for the heads up. And yea if WWDC and IOS 7 disappoint i will definitely be jumping to the S4.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by fishepa View Post
    I'm definitely interested. One of the reason I just got an S4 was because of Apple's stale OS they've had since the beginning. I hope I don't have any regrets.
    I've waited for WWDC because of this, i really didn't want to get one and they announce IOS 7 with awesome features or something. I think this WWDC is being watched closely by people and anticipated more because of Johnny Ive and his involvement in IOS 7.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    So far multiple display fixes and air display treating that tv as an actual monitor is the only thing about OSX Mavericks I am excited about. I am going to mount a 55 inch to my office wall and make that my 3rd display.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    And that new Mac Pro, takes all my purchasing plans for this year and throws them all out the window.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    I switched from an iphone to the S4. I was worried about the size of the phone compared to the iphone, but it hasn't been an issue. I thought that the iphone was a great phone, but I do not miss it.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    Is it just me or does the new ios 7 look very similar to an android or windows.. I love android but I'm really surprised apple has chosen to look more like an android and windows phone operating g system

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
  20. #20  
    vdroide's Avatar

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by swent1 View Post
    Is it just me or does the new ios 7 look very similar to an android or windows.. I love android but I'm really surprised apple has chosen to look more like an android and windows phone operating g system

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app
    It takes a lot of inspiration from Android, not so sure about Windows but that is great. One thing use iOS wish we had was more functionality like Android. Now we can have it without having to jump ship. I have a lot invested in iOS, but I was considering jumping, but I think I am all set for while. I will still get an Android tablet later on this year..
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    IOS 7 does look good but feature wise there isn't enough, its more of a facelift rather than anything major.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    So when are you getting your s4?

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  23. #23  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by vdroide View Post
    It takes a lot of inspiration from Android, not so sure about Windows but that is great. One thing use iOS wish we had was more functionality like Android. Now we can have it without having to jump ship. I have a lot invested in iOS, but I was considering jumping, but I think I am all set for while. I will still get an Android tablet later on this year..
    So far I have learned to live without iPhone integration with my line of Apple Products. I want to download IOS7 but right now Apple's developer site is slammed. I can always switch back to my iPhone 5 if it is compelling enough. I also have another line up for upgrade in October which I can borrow from if the iPhone 5s is compelling enough.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?



    I hate the aesthetics, it's too "bubbly". It has the same flat design of Holo which I heavily favorite but the icons don't look anywhere near as chic, they instead look cartoonish. Not to mention that Safari icon bothers the living hell out of me, looks like they didn't finish designing it. I feel like TouchWiz is upset a challenger out cartooned it.

    I dunno, I just think iOS 6 looked more mature. This is a downgrade imo as far as looks. Didn't really see the features so I can't comment on that.
    Slender Troll likes this.
  25. #25  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,192 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,199 Global Posts

    Default Re: WWDC 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by Suda View Post


    I hate the aesthetics, it's too "bubbly". It has the same flat design of Holo which I heavily favorite but the icons don't look anywhere near as chic, they instead look cartoonish. Not to mention that Safari icon bothers the living hell out of me, looks like they didn't finish designing it. I feel like TouchWiz is upset a challenger out cartooned it.

    I dunno, I just think iOS 6 looked more mature. This is a downgrade imo as far as looks. Didn't really see the features so I can't comment on that.
    The thing with iOS6's looks though is that it hasn't really changed from the original iPhone OS. Would the implication there be that iOS "looked" mature from the start?
    Last edited by Ry; 06-10-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Does owning a Galaxy Nexua mean it will get Android 5.0 in 2013?
    By Darla_Ptr in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 04:11 AM
  2. Reactions to iPhone 4 from WWDC 2010
    By akarol in forum iPhone/iOS
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 03:02 PM
  3. Reactions to iPhone 4 from WWDC 2010
    By akarol in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 12:54 PM
  4. 15 Things You Wont Hear Said at Apples WWDC
    By Carter in forum The Android Central Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 10:09 AM
  5. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 09:57 PM

Posting Permissions

B