Improvements contained in APP to SD update

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Improvements and fixes in the new Software Update:
-New Camera firmware
-Smearing issue has been fixed (Purple effect while scrolling)
-Smart Pause Toggle
-Move Apps to SD Card
-HDR Video (Can record HDR video)
-Semi-transparent status bar
-New Icons in Settings
-Secure boot status (About Phone)
-Increase legibility (Display) (New feature)

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Cool. Looking forward to it hitting att. Although I will not be the first to apply it ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Cool. Looking forward to it hitting att. Although I will not be the first to apply it ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

I should be cautious too....but I won't. :eek:

"As you may know, the 16GB variant of the Galaxy S4 comes only with 9.15GB of user accessible memory in which the user installs all his/her apps. The new update addresses this issue by giving the user the functionality to move apps to SD card and increasing the available storage to 9.23GB. This should solve customers? complain about low user accessible storage. This is one of the enhancements in the update, rest of them are listed below."

Samsung Galaxy S4: New Software Update rolling out for the Samsung Galaxy S4, brings enhancements and stability fixes

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Is it really necessary to post yet another thread about this?

The large thread about this update was almost entirely discussing the ability to move apps to the external storage. Seeing as tohio's post was the list of full features, if discussion revolves around those other features and stays civil and on-topic, I don't see any issues. I'll drop in the obligatory notice, however: if this goes off-topic or becomes unfriendly, I'll close it. Consider that the warning.

Edit: tohio, if your primary goal is to bring up the aforementioned apps-to-sd-card ability, let's make use of the other threads that have generated plenty of discussion already.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Interested in new camera firmware and HDR video info. I have been impressed with camera and video shooting thus far.

Sent from my Nexus 7

dency45

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
how to know if i got the latest update? i checked my version and it said that my software is updated. but i just want to confirm. hehe. :p

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
how to know if i got the latest update? i checked my version and it said that my software is updated. but i just want to confirm. hehe. :p

The update was rolling out in Germany first (don't know where you are located). It will automatically be sent to your phone when it arrives at your phone company. If you frequently visit this forum you will know immediately when the update is available, this place will be abuzz with the news.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech