1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default sync problems between galaxy s4 and google calendar

hi.
    have sync problems with the calendar - if i schedule a meeting through my computer on google calendar, it shows immediately on my phone's calendar. but if i schedule through my phone, it doesn't show on google calendar on my computer. Any idea?
    thanks
    kira

Default Re: sync problems between galaxy s4 and google calendar

Do you have sync turned on? I usually dont turn it on and go to settings >accounts> google account> and sync manually. Anyway if you have sync turned on, it will sync automatically. You probably already know that and the problem is something else.

Posted via Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S3! GT-19300
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks. it appeared that i was writing in samsung calendar, instead of google calendar

Global Posts
    13,801 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Kira Levy View Post
    thanks. it appeared that i was writing in samsung calendar, instead of google calendar
    As far as I know, there is no way to change the default to Google, so every time you make a new event, you have to shift it to Google. Just so you know.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by Kira Levy View Post
    No problem )

Posted via Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S3! GT-19300

Actually, user who said gmail has to be selected each time must have some other problem. Once gmail is selected, it should come up again each time making it the default. Until another calendar update is sent...which was the original cause of the problem. The last update changed everyone's default to 'My Calendar' so your subsequent calendar entries went there only and did not sync with google. I didn't notice that for a while, so I had to first open each recently entered appointment on my samsung calendar and where it said 'My Calendar', I selected my gmail account instead. When I had them all changed, I clicked the 'Calendars' button at the top of the screen, unchecked the box for 'My Calendar', and made sure the check remained for my chosen gmail account and US Holidays. Click Done. Make sure the next calendar event entered goes to the gmail account or else manually select it at the top of the new appointment screen. It should continue defaulting with the last selected calendar.