Ok this volume thing is p#$%^ me off...

willthetech

May 21, 2011
Visit site
After playing music for over 30 minutes my phone lowers my volume to 0 like every 1 minute, i can actually see the bar going down...Any way to stop this???

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey will.

When you say you can literally see the bar going down, do you mean the music app's volume indicator, or is the stock volume indicator titled media popping up on the screen? If it is the stock indicator popping up without being initiated by the volume key, it sounds like it could possibly be a hardware defect with the volume key. What app is it you are using to listen to music?

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Ive had issues on android devices where my volume will stay at 0 and not raise when I go to listen to music. Reseting the phone corrects this for me. I dont know what causes it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

willthetech

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry guys I didn?t answer before but work is killing me? so here is the issue I have, I go to the gym and I start playing any music app using my headphones (Pandora, audio player, etc?) after 30 minutes of so I get this warning about listening to loud music for an extended amount of time. I hit ok then my volume goes all of the way down, I press the volume up and again get the message and volume goes down again, and it happens like every minute from there on. Not only the volume goes down but it goes all of the way down, I can actually see the knob on the screen going down?Usually if I restart it gets fix but I should not have to do this all the time?looks like a bug?...very annoying when you are running and have to stop to get it fix?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Sorry guys I didn?t answer before but work is killing me? so here is the issue I have, I go to the gym and I start playing any music app using my headphones (Pandora, audio player, etc?) after 30 minutes of so I get this warning about listening to loud music for an extended amount of time. I hit ok then my volume goes all of the way down, I press the volume up and again get the message and volume goes down again, and it happens like every minute from there on. Not only the volume goes down but it goes all of the way down, I can actually see the knob on the screen going down?Usually if I restart it gets fix but I should not have to do this all the time?looks like a bug?...very annoying when you are running and have to stop to get it fix?

Do you have a case on?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Could be the case. I've listened to music on my phone for over an hour at max volume and it hasn't done that.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2