swiftkey vs default Samsung keyboard

Spartacus MD

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the default Samsung keyboard which has swype on it. When I first got the phone I immediately fell in love with the swype feature , and thought this was what all the hype was all about. Then I realized all the hype was about a paid keyboard called swiftkey. So I did a little bit of research and watched a few videos but could not find the difference between what I have and Swift key. They both do the same thing! Am I missing something?!

Posted via Android Central App

mahkeu

May 21, 2013
Visit site
1) better accuracy
2) the way the commas, periods, etc. are placed, its easier to type. default adds extra step to get to the quotations marks, periods, etc... Hence, speed/efficiency issue.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
What mahkeu said. I made myself use the Samsung keyboard for the first week and hated it the whole time. I finally downloaded SwiftKey and am back to typing bliss.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I like how on swiftkey, the comma, exclamation point, question mark, and period are all next to the space bar so it's so easy to type. And of course better accuracy.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I like Swiftkey, but there are a couple of things that Swype (in the new 99 cent release from the Play store, not the version that comes on the phone) does better. Most important, if you backtrack to an incorrect word, Swiftkey only offers 3 choices that are mostly wrong, so you end up deleting the word and retyping a new one. Swype offers many more choices and is much more likely to show the one you want. There's a similar advantage if you want to go back in Swype, select a word and change the case. Swiftkey seems to struggle with this.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I actually like the Samsung keyboard after years of using Swype, but come on. Are you kidding me? No comma on the main screen? That's a *****.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz