Google now reminders not working

shaw1234

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have been using location based Google now reminders for a while and it's been great. Yesterday I made a new reminder and it never went off. I checked in my settings, my stuff, reminders and it wasn't even there.
So then I tried making new reminders, both time and location based, by voice or manual entry, and it's just broken. It says it is saving the reminder but it just disappears into the ether. Tried it on a friends note2 and same thing. Says it is saving but it doesn't actually save it. Is Google broken?
Can someone else try to set a reminder in Google now and see if it actually works?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

shaw1234

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Does it show up under you reminder list in Google now? I can see all my old reminders but anything I added since yesterday is gone. They never get saved.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

shaw1234

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all. I'm pretty sure it's not just me at this point. Haven't seen anything online about an issue but it's pretty clear nobody can use reminders right now. Is there somewhere to report an issue? 1-800-GOOGLE? LOL

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all. I'm pretty sure it's not just me at this point. Haven't seen anything online about an issue but it's pretty clear nobody can use reminders right now. Is there somewhere to report an issue? 1-800-GOOGLE? LOL
Calendar and Hangouts both started having issues yesterday so thinking Google is having some sort of problem. Maybe they went to WWDC and someone tripped over the power cord on their way out the door. (Old MSN Groups reference)

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus

shaw1234

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Just tried it again. Back to normal. Looks like whatever glitch Google was having has been fixed.
If anything, from now on if I ever set an important reminder I'm going to check to make sure it saved correctly. Perhaps I'll rebuild my trust over time. Thanks to everyone for confirming. Looks like we're good to go again.

Sent from my Verizon GS4

jt999

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just started having this problem.
I am able to create the reminders, and I see them saved. However they often never alert me; and the location reminders never go off.

I have done a factory reset, and still having problems with no other apps installed. All location services are on.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Jeff

dustlane

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't work for me. It shows that the reminder is saving and it is listed in the reminders section but the reminder never goes off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674