Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Liesl Ehlers
  • 1 Post By Paul Teodorescu
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Default Any way to change the "Data Usage Cycle" date range in Settings?

In settings under the first tab connections, there is the setting "Data Usage" that tracks how much data the phone has been using. My cycle right now is the 18th to the 17th of each month but I don't see a way where I can change this time frame. Anyone know how?

Default Re: Any way to change the "Data Usage Cycle" date range in Settings?

In vanilla Android, all you have to do is touch the dates to change them--did you try that? I don't know if it's different in TouchWiz.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    In vanilla Android, all you have to do is touch the dates to change them--did you try that? I don't know if it's different in TouchWiz.
    Tried that. Does nothing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

What carrier are you on? On Verizon all you have to do is click on data usage cycle then choose change cycle.

Yeah u just choose change cycle

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 2...I LOVE THIS PHONE!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any way to change the "Data Usage Cycle" date range in Settings?-uploadfromtaptalk1371107459165.jpg  
    - Using the Sony Xperia Z3! -

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

I'm with Telus in Canada. As you can see with my screen shot I don't have the change cycle option. This is my first month only since I had this phone but I would still believe this option would be available to me.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any way to change the "Data Usage Cycle" date range in Settings?-1371134420550.jpg  

Find answer here:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...e-anymore.html
    Mobile data must be on, WiFi off

Will your monthly phone bill be affected if the cycle is changed even if you have not exceeded it???PLEASE REPLY AS I DID THIS..AND MY PHONE BILL IS 4 DAYS AWAY???

No it will not

Posted via Android Central App

I was having the same problem and am also with Telus in Canada. If you haven't found the solution yet, i found that if i turned off both my mobile data and my wi-fi and then clicked on the cycle date the option to "Change Cycle" would appear. Hope this helps.
    Thanked by:
    Matt Howe likes this.

Enable Mobile data.
    Exit the Data usage settings app.
    Tap the spinner below the Set mobile data limit checkbox.
    Tap Change cycle....
    Change Date of each month (I prefer the first day of the month, 1)
    Hit Set.
    Undo Mobile data if necessary (e.g. if on Wi-Fi).
    Thanked by 2:

I had this problem, not sure exactly which step solved the problem, but I turned data on, turned my screen to landscape, clicked data usage data cycle, then then could scroll down on the drop down to the bottom were it gave me the option to change data cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Proxy View Post
    Will your monthly phone bill be affected if the cycle is changed even if you have not exceeded it???PLEASE REPLY AS I DID THIS..AND MY PHONE BILL IS 4 DAYS AWAY???
    You have probably found this out by now, but changing the cycle dates on the phone, only changes what you see in your data usage. NOT what your bill goes off of. Contacting your carrier and switching bill dates and cycle dates is the only way to change that.

You will get an option to change data usage cycle, if and only if you have turned on the data usage.

So first turn on data usage then go into data usage under settings you will find the option to change data usage cycle.

Thumbs up Re: Any way to change the "Data Usage Cycle" date range in Settings?

Thanks . This tip which said - Mobile data on, WiFi off- worked to help change the data cycle

Your mobile data has to be on or else it won't give you the option to change cycle

Posted via the Android Central App

This works ONLY for GPRS. DOES NOT WORK FOE WiFi

thanks

worked for me- thanks