Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Keyboard Stutter/Lag? on the regular texting App?

Ok so... I got a brand new Samsung Galaxy S4 (AT&T running on Straight Talk). This thing is amazing and I love it. (coming from an iPhone fan/ and I own 3 iPhones. The very first iPhone, 3GS and 4.) But... I love customizations and I wanted a bigger screen so I decided to give it a try. Plus running emulation on it is a plus too. And ended asking my self why had I not bought one before. :P

I do however have one issue. Its nothing huge or OMG or whatever... but my eyes are very perceptive and little errors/issues bug the hell out of me.

The keyboard that pops up when typing:

When the keyboard opens up...it sorts of stutter? / Lag? This only happens on the REGULAR TXT APP.
    Now before ya'll go HAVE YOU TRIED....

Yes, I have tried Samsung/Swift and Swype Keyboards. It still does it. I have shutdown/rebooted. Cleared all apps/ram. ETC ETC ETC

I even went to developer mode and removed animations and even got rid of S. Voice on 2nd click.

This only happens on the txt app, I dont see this issue on the browsers, whatsapp, store, notes etc etc....

But what really stroke a nerve was, a coworker has a Galaxy S3 and we put them side to side and hers doesnt do this. Hey keyboard pops up smoothly, to top it off she has all her animations on and even txt background and all.

This is unacceptable (lol)... For gods sake I have a newer phone. *cries*

Can someone please tell me there is a way to fix this? PLEASE? lol o.o
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Keyboard Stutter/Lag? on the regular texting App?

P.S.

Also noticed when you go into her live wallpapers, she has ALOT of options in there. She has her home screen with individual pictures that change over time. When I go to my live wallpapers, I dont see the options she has. Am I missing something here? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Lion View Post
    Ok so... I got a brand new Samsung Galaxy S4 (AT&T running on Straight Talk). This thing is amazing and I love it. (coming from an iPhone fan/ and I own 3 iPhones. The very first iPhone, 3GS and 4.) But... I love customizations and I wanted a bigger screen so I decided to give it a try. Plus running emulation on it is a plus too. And ended asking my self why had I not bought one before. :P

I do however have one issue. Its nothing huge or OMG or whatever... but my eyes are very perceptive and little errors/issues bug the hell out of me.

The keyboard that pops up when typing:

When the keyboard opens up...it sorts of stutter? / Lag? This only happens on the REGULAR TXT APP.
    Now before ya'll go HAVE YOU TRIED....

Yes, I have tried Samsung/Swift and Swype Keyboards. It still does it. I have shutdown/rebooted. Cleared all apps/ram. ETC ETC ETC

I even went to developer mode and removed animations and even got rid of S. Voice on 2nd click.

This only happens on the txt app, I dont see this issue on the browsers, whatsapp, store, notes etc etc....

But what really stroke a nerve was, a coworker has a Galaxy S3 and we put them side to side and hers doesnt do this. Hey keyboard pops up smoothly, to top it off she has all her animations on and even txt background and all.

This is unacceptable (lol)... For gods sake I have a newer phone. *cries*

Can someone please tell me there is a way to fix this? PLEASE? lol o.o
    Since i bought my phone i soon changed my keyboard to this.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...luLnBvcnRlZCJd

Try using it. I don't have lag/stutter issues with it.
    Phone:
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505), Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) - Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32GB

Tablet:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (T700) - Sandisk Ultra 32GB

disable sound and the vibrate feed back...on the keyboard settings. I did that (with the new google keyboard available on app store) and it made a huge difference for me.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I had disabled sound and vibration as well.

i installed Google keyboard it seems to be better but still a bit weird on the text app.

So odd.

Glad im not the only one thats noticed this. Othan this no issues or noticeable lag

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4