1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to find out if my Galaxy S4 is unlocked?

So i traded my iphone 5 for a s4 last night and he said that the phone was for att and unlocked. Is there anyway i can confirm this without having to look for a tmobile sim card to test?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-07-2014 at 08:08 AM.

Default Re: How to find out if my S4 is unlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by carlostmac1 View Post
    So i traded my iphone 5 for a s4 last night and he said that the phone was for att and unlocked. Is there anyway i can confirm this without having to look for a tmobile sim card to test?
    Use this app or go to imei.info to check status.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    Use this app or go to imei.info to check status.
    Where do i see whether it's unlocked or not

No offense, but I wouldn't trust an app for this. The SAFEST way for you to tell and not have any surprises when you try to use it is to just pop a different carrier SIM and make sure it works, as long as it's not an AT&T, even if the network bands are different (you just want to check if by reading a different SIM your phone won't lock up).

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    No offense, but I wouldn't trust an app for this. The SAFEST way for you to tell and not have any surprises when you try to use it is to just pop a different carrier SIM and make sure it works, as long as it's not an AT&T, even if the network bands are different (you just want to check if by reading a different SIM your phone won't lock up).
    Agreed. But since the OP asked how to do without, just offering solutions to the actual question. There are plenty sites to do IMEI verification on whether a phone is blacklisted or not and this is a reputable one and they power the app. So I don't see a huge risk but I agree that the safest way is to try another SIM.

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

Remember, it does not have to be an active SIM from T mobile. I have an old inactive on of my wife that I cut down to micro SIM size and it works fine to unlock my ATT phone. I just used it to unlock my S4. I guess since you can use them for emergency calls they can still acquire the Network. Try to get an old T mobile one to keep handy.

There is probably also a key code you can enter into the dialer but I do not know it.
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Quote Originally Posted by carlostmac1 View Post
    Where do i see whether it's unlocked or not
    Not sure. I only used the site a while ago for an iPhone and it shows under the picture of the device. Not sure about other phones. Here's an app specifically for Galaxy phones and you try dialing *#7465625# and it will say network lock off if unlocked or something similar. Good luck.

When I power my Galaxy S4 it shows an unlocked lock icon. Is that the proof that my phone is unlocked? I rooted it earlier, not sure if rooted/unlocked stands for the same thing. Thanks.

Ive checked this app AND the website as well but it DOES NOT give you any info on whether the phone is locked on unlocked.

It tried the *#7465625# and all I get is USSD Code running then a window pops up and states "Connection Problem or invalid MMI code" My phone is genuine it has Samsung as the secureboot mode and IMEI checks out. Thanks
    Thanked by:

So anyone else? I would like to find out also...
    Bill

That means your phone is rooted. It does not indicate if it is unlocked from the carrier.

hey guys.... my friend broke her screen and digitizer and wants me to replace it to sell to one of her friends... its a t-mobile phone (or originally was) and the buyer has StraightTalk... how do i check to see if the phone is unlocked before making the buyer spend $230 for me to fix the digitizer if it was all for naught?

Quote Originally Posted by dinub1 View Post
    When I power my Galaxy S4 it shows an unlocked lock icon. Is that the proof that my phone is unlocked? I rooted it earlier, not sure if rooted/unlocked stands for the same thing. Thanks.
    Rooted and unlocked are two different things.
    Rooted gives you more control of your phone.
    Unlocked means you can use it with any carrier that has compatible bands.
    The broken lock during boot usually indicates Rooted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

guys using gt i9505 on india my carrier is vodafone so ow do i check??? i checked the aap but it says phone model not supported...so...?????