- 9 Posts
Screen Lights up every hour for some reason, thoughts?
About 2 weeks ago I kicked my i5 to the curb and got a GS4. I have loved just about everything on this phone except for the occasional lag and one other problem.. For some reason, the phones screen lights up every hour exactly just as if i had pushed the home button. It stays on for about 5 seconds. The phone lights up at 1:45, 2:45, 3:45 etc.. I'm sure its an app that I installed doing it but is there any way I can find out which one it is? It's been doing it basically since I got it and i don't want to just start uninstalling everything and then waiting an hour to see if it will turn on.
It's not the worst problem to have and I get that, I just want to understand haha because its so weird. Any help would be appreciated.
- 06-14-2013, 05:09 PM #2
If I helped you, Pay it Forward....
Current Devices: Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
- 06-14-2013, 05:46 PM #3
Re: Screen Lights up every hour for some reason, thoughts?
My turns on periodically when, I presume, it is doing something in the background. It doesn't happen often. But I presume most have security for their lock screen. As long as you have security, when it turns on, it looks for a password and without one, it turns off in a few seconds. Otherwise, it may take until the normal "no activity" time out.
- 06-15-2013, 08:43 AM #4
- 3 Posts
- 09-06-2013, 12:55 AM #5
- 09-09-2013, 12:14 AM #6
- By Tuckerfan in forum HTC AriaReplies: 6Last Post: 03-11-2012, 04:01 PM
- By imnotnotjoe in forum U.S. Cellular MesmerizeReplies: 2Last Post: 11-26-2011, 06:19 PM
- By Matrix_Prime in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 3Last Post: 02-10-2011, 06:57 PM
- By splmonster in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 10-09-2010, 05:20 PM
- By cobra302 in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 8Last Post: 07-23-2010, 07:39 PM