Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By velijana
  • 1 Post By bigmike09890
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

I need help in which version should i purchase the s4. Which model has the better battery life and faster? And will i be able to unlock the att version from att itself...and how much will i have to pay to get it unlocked by att.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

Quote Originally Posted by Bilal Almuhandis View Post
    I need help in which version should i purchase the s4. Which model has the better battery life and faster? And will i be able to unlock the att version from att itself...and how much will i have to pay to get it unlocked by att.

Hey, I just recently ordered the Exynos version, I chose this over the Qualcolm because I like to play high end games on my phone and the Exynos seem's to be getting higher score in most benchmark scores. I'm not sure about the battery though, but the Exynos is supposed to have a better battery because it has 2 clusters of quad core processors an a7 and a15. It's suppose to use the lower processors for less demanding tasks and the more powerful 15's for more demanding tasks. So in reality it should last a bit more.
    Thanked by:

Most of the reviews suggested Qualcomm for better web browsing experience, better battery endurance, Exynos for heavy gaming. I believe that's true, seems the Qualcomm got higher scores on those internet browsing speed benchmarks while lower scores on those CPU speed benchmarks.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Thanked by:

Here is full info you need :-)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    5,747 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by velijana View Post
    Here is full info you need :-)

Seems to indicate battery is better on the Snapdragon and performance on benchmark related tasks is almost universally better on the Octa.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Octa version beats snapdragon with performance, but difference is too little, while snapdragon beats octa with battery performance and difference is quite big. Maybe software updates can increase octas battery performance in the future. Anyway, depending on my country market I have octa version and I'm quite surprised and pleased with its battery performance :-)

Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    5,747 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

.and how much will i have to pay to get it unlocked by att.
    There is usually not a charge for carrier unlocking a device with AT&T (I'm not saying it's impossible, but I've not heard of them charging a fee for it).

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

ATT will unlock as long as there is no contractual obligation with the device. Sometimes they will unlock for you regardless, especially if you explain the unlocking is for overseas use.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Octa version beats snapdragon with performance, but difference is too little, while snapdragon beats octa with battery performance and difference is quite big. Maybe software updates can increase octas battery performance in the future. Anyway, depending on my country market I have octa version and I'm quite surprised and pleased with its battery performance :-)

In my country i also get the octa version..i did see it and it lags in air view/gesture and quite slow in a few apps

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    ATT will unlock as long as there is no contractual obligation with the device. Sometimes they will unlock for you regardless, especially if you explain the unlocking is for overseas use.
    Yes it is for international purpose i mainly do travel..so i do require suggestions..thank you alot guys for your great opinions

I also have the Exynos version and I hardly have any lag at all...I feel like it performs better than the Snapdragon in cases people complain about.
    The battery however is not that much better than the Snapdragon one...unless its something in my settings
    Overall I am very satisfied with this one. I am glad I chose this over the carrier version
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -

ROM
    Evio2 and Clockwork mod

Note that with the Exynos you will not have compatible LTE on att.

Thanked by:
    velijana likes this.

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

Wow wow wow nobody is telling our big guy here that Exynos has no 4G/LTE. That is a big dealbreaker for many people like me that use 4G.

GS4 Love

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shoii View Post
    Wow wow wow nobody is telling our big guy here that Exynos has no 4G/LTE. That is a big dealbreaker for many people like me that use 4G/LTE.

GS4 Love
    The hell
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    So if i tell them if its for travelling purpose they will unlock it for me..and will they take a fee for this

So if i tell them if its for travelling purpose they will unlock it for me..and will they take a fee for this

Yes they will, but note that ATT's version of the unlocked phone is not the Octa one... It's still Snapdragon

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 2...I LOVE THIS PHONE!
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Yes they will, but note that ATT's version of the unlocked phone is not the Octa one... It's still Snapdragon

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 2...I LOVE THIS PHONE!
    Any idea how much will they charge. I actually want the snapdragon because i require good battery life.

They never charged me a fee for unlocking my phone.