Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By velijana
  • 1 Post By bigmike09890
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

    I need help in which version should i purchase the s4. Which model has the better battery life and faster? And will i be able to unlock the att version from att itself...and how much will i have to pay to get it unlocked by att.

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal Almuhandis View Post
    I need help in which version should i purchase the s4. Which model has the better battery life and faster? And will i be able to unlock the att version from att itself...and how much will i have to pay to get it unlocked by att.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Hey, I just recently ordered the Exynos version, I chose this over the Qualcolm because I like to play high end games on my phone and the Exynos seem's to be getting higher score in most benchmark scores. I'm not sure about the battery though, but the Exynos is supposed to have a better battery because it has 2 clusters of quad core processors an a7 and a15. It's suppose to use the lower processors for less demanding tasks and the more powerful 15's for more demanding tasks. So in reality it should last a bit more.
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

    Most of the reviews suggested Qualcomm for better web browsing experience, better battery endurance, Exynos for heavy gaming. I believe that's true, seems the Qualcomm got higher scores on those internet browsing speed benchmarks while lower scores on those CPU speed benchmarks.

    Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  

    Default Re: s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

    Here is full info you need :-)


    Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 2:
  5. #5  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,708 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,747 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

    Quote Originally Posted by velijana View Post
    Here is full info you need :-)


    Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app
    Seems to indicate battery is better on the Snapdragon and performance on benchmark related tasks is almost universally better on the Octa.

    ​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

    Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

  6. #6  

    Default Re: s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

    Octa version beats snapdragon with performance, but difference is too little, while snapdragon beats octa with battery performance and difference is quite big. Maybe software updates can increase octas battery performance in the future. Anyway, depending on my country market I have octa version and I'm quite surprised and pleased with its battery performance :-)

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app
    Darth Spock likes this.
  7. #7  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,708 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,747 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal Almuhandis View Post
    .and how much will i have to pay to get it unlocked by att.
    There is usually not a charge for carrier unlocking a device with AT&T (I'm not saying it's impossible, but I've not heard of them charging a fee for it).

    ​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

    Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

  8. #8  

    Default Re: s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal Almuhandis View Post
    I need help in which version should i purchase the s4. Which model has the better battery life and faster? And will i be able to unlock the att version from att itself...and how much will i have to pay to get it unlocked by att.

    Posted via Android Central App
    ATT will unlock as long as there is no contractual obligation with the device. Sometimes they will unlock for you regardless, especially if you explain the unlocking is for overseas use.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

    Quote Originally Posted by velijana View Post
    Octa version beats snapdragon with performance, but difference is too little, while snapdragon beats octa with battery performance and difference is quite big. Maybe software updates can increase octas battery performance in the future. Anyway, depending on my country market I have octa version and I'm quite surprised and pleased with its battery performance :-)

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app
    In my country i also get the octa version..i did see it and it lags in air view/gesture and quite slow in a few apps

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

    Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    ATT will unlock as long as there is no contractual obligation with the device. Sometimes they will unlock for you regardless, especially if you explain the unlocking is for overseas use.
    Yes it is for international purpose i mainly do travel..so i do require suggestions..thank you alot guys for your great opinions

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

    Quote Originally Posted by velijana View Post
    Octa version beats snapdragon with performance, but difference is too little, while snapdragon beats octa with battery performance and difference is quite big. Maybe software updates can increase octas battery performance in the future. Anyway, depending on my country market I have octa version and I'm quite surprised and pleased with its battery performance :-)

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app
    I also have the Exynos version and I hardly have any lag at all...I feel like it performs better than the Snapdragon in cases people complain about.
    The battery however is not that much better than the Snapdragon one...unless its something in my settings
    Overall I am very satisfied with this one. I am glad I chose this over the carrier version
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -
  12. #12  

    Default Re: s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

  13. #13  
    bigmike09890's Avatar

    Posts
    39 Posts
    ROM
    Evio2 and Clockwork mod

    Default Re: s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

    Note that with the Exynos you will not have compatible LTE on att.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    velijana likes this.
  14. #14  
    shoii's Avatar

    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

    Default Re: s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal Almuhandis View Post
    I need help in which version should i purchase the s4. Which model has the better battery life and faster? And will i be able to unlock the att version from att itself...and how much will i have to pay to get it unlocked by att.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Wow wow wow nobody is telling our big guy here that Exynos has no 4G/LTE. That is a big dealbreaker for many people like me that use 4G.

    GS4 Love
  15. #15  
    shoii's Avatar

    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shoii View Post
    Wow wow wow nobody is telling our big guy here that Exynos has no 4G/LTE. That is a big dealbreaker for many people like me that use 4G/LTE.

    GS4 Love
    The hell
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

    Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    ATT will unlock as long as there is no contractual obligation with the device. Sometimes they will unlock for you regardless, especially if you explain the unlocking is for overseas use.
    So if i tell them if its for travelling purpose they will unlock it for me..and will they take a fee for this

    Posted via Android Central App
  17. #17  

    Default Re: s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal Almuhandis View Post
    So if i tell them if its for travelling purpose they will unlock it for me..and will they take a fee for this

    Posted via Android Central App
    Yes they will, but note that ATT's version of the unlocked phone is not the Octa one... It's still Snapdragon

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 2...I LOVE THIS PHONE!
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

    Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    Yes they will, but note that ATT's version of the unlocked phone is not the Octa one... It's still Snapdragon

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos via Tapatalk 2...I LOVE THIS PHONE!
    Any idea how much will they charge. I actually want the snapdragon because i require good battery life.

    Posted via Android Central App
  19. #19  

    Default Re: s S4 Octa v. S4 snapdragon

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal Almuhandis View Post
    So if i tell them if its for travelling purpose they will unlock it for me..and will they take a fee for this

    Posted via Android Central App
    They never charged me a fee for unlocking my phone.

Similar Threads

  1. Anandtech: Galaxy S4 doesn't use Snapdragon 600
    By Love Divine in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: 01-19-2014, 01:03 AM
  2. Some questions re S4/Pure Google S4/KLP
    By kabutar in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-13-2013, 03:21 PM
  3. Samsung S4 vs Google S4?
    By Virginx in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 06:53 PM
  4. Backing up S4 data & erasing S4 data? (replacement S4)
    By PaulWog in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-13-2013, 12:14 AM
  5. Snapdragon S4 - not so hot..
    By MannyZ28 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

B