How to update rooted s4 without loosing root

yuval_mass

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I have recently rooted my s4 using the CF method but now i want to update to the new firmware so that i can move apps to sd card.
Mobile ODIN doesn't support my phone as far as i'm aware so is there any other way of doing this without having to loose the root.
any help would be appreciated
thanks!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
You will probable loose root after updating. There are root keeper apps you can try. You may want to check out XDA to see the details of this update and how it affects root and re-rooting.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

yuval_mass

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried ota root keeper and it's a great app Btw thanks for suggesting but when I try to get the ota update even with the temporary unroot my phone says that the device has been modified and software updates are unavailable. Anyway around this or do I have to plug into Samsung kies for an update?
Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

MichaelBR

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think you'll have to reset to factory settings to apply the update. I didn't root yet, expecting this update. But something I did on the first days, maybe with MyBackup Pro, caused the "your device has been modified " message and OTA not working, and I had to factory reset.

I used Helium backup last week, and it caused the same problem.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz