1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 Instagram problems and pixelated gallery

Hello, guys! I've been researching for a popular bug, when photo is hard distorted during the instagram upload.
    I've made some tests, and here is my opinion: it is not Instagram problem, when photos is really distorted.
    Gfranq is doing this too. Also, bad picture processing is in every program that working with photos.
    I think this is a bug on Samsung Galaxy S4 software.

Please, look at my attached image. It seems to HTC One X doing the image processing much better.
    Also, i have a bad gallery previews. I think this is 'one field' bug. Please, look at it. Somebody have the same issues with gallery?

I'm starting to worry, because my phone is new, and maybe it has a defective graphical unit?

Default Re: Galaxy S4 Instagram problems and pixelated gallery

I have the same problem. Since I got the s4 a month ago I have only uploaded two pictures which became distorted by pixels to install am, but regardless, it shouldn't be happening...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

The Instagram issue IS an Instagram issue. And it's not only with Galaxy S4, it's with a lot of Android devices (yup, it's an 'attack' on Android only). The processed picture in your phone will look great, but the uploaded one is crap. You can reduce this effect by deactivating the "Advanced Processing" option in Instagram (it blurs out the effects a bit), but it's still pixelated when uploaded. I had great shots with my Note 2, and then all of a sudden, same phone, crappy pictures. They also removed the 'enhanced filter' (sun icon) from the app because instead of fixing issues they're just lazy and decided to turn it off.

As for the distorted gallery images, mine doesn't do that... that looks nasty! Maybe you do have a defective unit...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Gfranq is pixelated photos too. It is too only their issue?
    I've don't test Gfranq on other devices,hmm, maybe it's too is not a best app ^___^
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Maybe you do have a defective unit...
    The first image of gallery looks great, so, i think everything is fine with defective unit and this problems are only software problems.
    Want to believe in that..

Don't know that Gfranq is, but my 'local' Instagram photos look great. I use Photoshop, Camera Zoom FX, Pixlr, Camera 360, and Photo Editor for image processing and all the results are, too, quite good. So at least the Instagram issue, once uploaded, IS an Instagram issue (I've confirmed this with a bunch of other Android devices and friends).

BUT if your phone has issues with most image processing, then I'd say you do have a problem that's not general...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    I use Photoshop, Camera Zoom FX, Pixlr, Camera 360, and Photo Editor for image processing and all the results are, too, quite good.
    Awesome apps! I've made some test with, on example, Pixlr, and the results are quite good too.

Something strange happening with my phone. Or with my hands..
    It seems to some applications is really don't know how to use SGS4 hardware. But others do it good.
    Thanks for replying.

I have the same when uploading to instagram on my gs4 I have to sent the picture to my Gf iPhone then upload to instagram from her iPhone 5 and the piks look great. Also when browsing images on instagram on the gs4 they don't look as great as on the iPhone 5.

I've experienced that kind of problem too. I just found out a solution to resolve it.

Steps:
    - You go to your instagram setting
    - Go to advance feautures
    - Then disable the "use high-quality image processing"

I know how you feel about owning an absolute beautiful phone but kinda disappoint you because of the pixilated problem. Hope this helps tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyza Eslava View Post
    I've experienced that kind of problem too. I just found out a solution to resolve it.

Steps:
    - You go to your instagram setting
    - Go to advance feautures
    - Then disable the "use high-quality image processing"

I know how you feel about owning an absolute beautiful phone but kinda disappoint you because of the pixilated problem. Hope this helps tho.
    Doesn't fix it though makes it slightly better but then the piks come out soft

It does work on mine and I'm pretty satisfied about it. I reckon its way better than the pixilated one.

I have the same problem with Galaxy s4 Gallery app, maybe someone can give and idea in how to solve this issue