Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question How do I show the name of the sender for message notification's on the galaxy s4?

Like the title says, when I get a new message, on most phones it would say in the notification "new message from tom" or something like that. Is there a way to make the galaxy s4 do that? Whenever I get a new message it just says "new message" but doesn't tell me who it's from. Thanks
  2. Best Answer

There is a setting for the stock app that says "preview message". Check that and it will display like you want it to.

Default Re: How do I show the name of the sender for message notification's on the galaxy s4?

I believe that's controlled by the messaging app.
    Install a different one, I use Chompsms and it displays the sender and message
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How do I show the name of the sender for message notification's on the galaxy s4?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Vieux View Post
    I believe that's controlled by the messaging app.
    Install a different one, I use Chompsms and it displays the sender and message
    Ahhh OK got ya, thanks!

There is a setting for the stock app that says "preview message". Check that and it will display like you want it to.
    Last edited by UJ95x; 09-19-2014 at 03:58 PM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by JessePinkman View Post
    There is a setting for the stock app that says "preview message" or something like that. Check that and it will display like you want it to.
    That worked, thanks man!

How can i do this? Is this an app to be downloaded? I cant find it in play store.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by chloeshotmom View Post
    How can i do this? Is this an app to be downloaded? I cant find it in play store.
    For the stock app, if you open up your messages and go to message settings there is a preview button like Jesse said.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodruns4ever View Post
    For the stock app, if you open up your messages and go to message settings there is a preview button like Jesse said.
    Thanks! I changed the background too.. I didnt know every thing in s4 has its own settings! Duh!

I turned off in message settings preview, now when I receive a text I get "new text messages". When turned on I get the contacts name & some of the text written from the person. Is there a way I can receive the contacts name only?

I can't find that on my fone