How do I show the name of the sender for message notification's on the galaxy s4?
Like the title says, when I get a new message, on most phones it would say in the notification "new message from tom" or something like that. Is there a way to make the galaxy s4 do that? Whenever I get a new message it just says "new message" but doesn't tell me who it's from. Thanks
- Best AnswerJun 17 2013 | 10:33 am EDT
There is a setting for the stock app that says "preview message". Check that and it will display like you want it to.
- 06-17-2013, 07:13 AM #2
- 06-17-2013, 10:33 AM #4
- 06-17-2013, 04:52 PM #6
- 06-17-2013, 05:21 PM #8
- 12-21-2013, 07:49 AM #9
- 2 Posts
Re: How do I show the name of the sender for message notification's on the galaxy s4?
I turned off in message settings preview, now when I receive a text I get "new text messages". When turned on I get the contacts name & some of the text written from the person. Is there a way I can receive the contacts name only?
- 09-18-2014, 05:35 PM #10
- By AndroidXTC in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 28Last Post: 09-20-2013, 10:44 AM
- By dmock79 in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 11Last Post: 04-07-2013, 03:11 PM
- By bsmithphoto13 in forum AT&T Galaxy S IIReplies: 4Last Post: 02-07-2012, 01:49 PM
- By larsonage#AC in forum Android AppsReplies: 8Last Post: 03-12-2010, 08:01 PM
- By Rebelatheart in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-10-2010, 09:50 PM