Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android system using the most battery?

Is this normal? Usually my screen is the thing that takes up the most battery obviously but for some reason today android system is draining alot. Anyone know why this would happen?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Android system using the most battery?-screenshot_2013-06-18-17-41-41.jpg   Android system using the most battery?-screenshot_2013-06-18-17-41-56.jpg  

Default Re: Android system using the most battery?

I had the same problem and, after several days of possible fixes, I've come to the following conclusion:

THERE'S A BUG IN THE BATTERY MONITOR. THE STATS ARE INCORRECT.

Think about it. The screen accounts for only a quarter of the battery usage after nearly 10 hours?? Doesn't add up. For me, my stats looked identical to yours, and I was getting 5 hours of screen-on time. So, if it wasn't for Android System, my phone could get roughly 20 hours of display time?? Again, doesn't add up.

I downloaded GSam Battery Monitor, and the stats reveal a far different picture with Android System taking only a small percentage while Display consumes two-thirds of the battery. That is much more in line with every other Android device I've owned.

My suggestion is to install GSam, recharge to 100%, and track your usage through GSam and see if your results are different than what you've posted.