Sparq or extra battery

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm replying to this because now that I've seen that I'll have a need to get an additional power source because my son is in band and we make plenty of road trips. (me band daddy). So on those trips, a lot of bus time spent listening to music/surfing. My Maxx would even get a little low during a long trip.
It just looks so obviously big and unhandy, I wondered if anyone was using it instead of just buying an extra battery.

seaham358

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I own a different external battery and have it because for me its easier to plug it into that then taking my otterbox case off and changing the battery. Its what works for you is what you need to get. The larger external batteries can also be used to charge ipad and other tablets and cell phones. If you use a back up battery then it is only good for that phone. I have multiple items that can be charged with my external battery pack at the same time. Again its what you like..

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I own a different external battery and have it because for me its easier to plug it into that then taking my otterbox case off and changing the battery. Its what works for you is what you need to get. The larger external batteries can also be used to charge ipad and other tablets and cell phones. If you use a back up battery then it is only good for that phone. I have multiple items that can be charged with my external battery pack at the same time. Again its what you like..
Excellent. See, these are my thoughts. What battery pack do you own?

seaham358

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Just got the RAVPower? RP-PB09 7800mAh Portable External Backup Battery Pack Charger on Amazon.
I have used other smaller ones in the past and went for a bigger one to be able to power tablets and multiple phone charges.
Smaller ones I have still have there place because they are smaller and easy to carry in pocket.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I like that one cause it has a cord included. HOw many charges you get out of it for you S4?

It depends how far I let it run down. I typically will go to 10 percent left before I charge so this charger allows a full recharge with a bit left over. :D

You can top it off, so to speak.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I've had three of these and the cord that is built in to the device had stopped working in about two weeks. You can get close to two full charges but it's slow - I recommend the Akker brand (or Aker?) - much faster and the cord hasn't stopped working...

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site

That's the one, yep. I have only had it a few days so I can't speak on how long it holds a charge but I believe the reviews said it was solid in that area. Tomorrow I will test the time it takes, but it was much faster than the Powergen - I charge at about 30% and was able to get two phones back to 100% on one charge. I've had several of these little power packs and this one has been :thumbup:the best.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc